Kenma One-shot

"Kenmaaa," you whined from your spot on the corner of the bed. He glanced up from his game for only a second before his attention was focused, once again, on the screen in front of him.

Giving up, you stood and walked out of the eerily silent bedroom into the hallway. Debating your options, you settled on making dinner. Kenma may be a better cook than you, but you weren't moving him anytime soon. Sauntering to the kitchen, you hummed to yourself. Without realizing, you slowed your pace when you heard shuffling behind you.

Looking back, Kenma was standing in the opening of the hallway. A closer examination showed worry and hesitation in his eyes.

"K-kenma... Is everything... Okay?" You asked. He just nodded and started walking toward you.

Without warning, he ran and jumped into your, luckily already open, arms. Taken aback by his sudden display of affection, it took you a minute to hug him back. His grip around you tightened and tears began to form in your eyes. It was such a rare occasion for Kenma to show his love, and it always overjoyed you when moments like this happened.

"Don't leave," he whispered.

"Why... Why would I leave?" You replied, your voice shaky. Your tears were still flowing down your already soaked face and you probably looked like a dishelved mess, but you didn't care.

"I-I'm sorry," he cried into your shoulder. The room became silent aside from the frantically whispered staccato of your name escaping Kenma's voice. Still confused and panicking, you lifted his head to where his eyes met yours.

"Kenma," you shook your head, "I would never, ever, leave you."

And there came his silent flow of tears. It pained you so much to see him like this, even more to know what he was this distraught over.

"Why would you ever even think I would leave..." You questioned him.

"I've been i-ignoring you s-so much," he said sniffling, "E-everytime I'm playing something, a-all I do i-is glance at you, I th-thought you would leave me this time."

All you could do was cry more, which caused Kenma to also. You both were a mess but you held onto each other like your lives depended on it.

"I love you, so so much."

"I love you too, Kenma, so much. That's why I would never leave you." You stressed the never, as if to help cement it into his head.

By the time you had both calmed down, your makeup was a mess, Kenma's hair was all over the place, and... The food. The food you had just barely put on the over before the emotional roller coaster started. The food that was now burnt to a crisp and may even catch on fire. The food you jumped towards and threw some random liquid on to attempt to cease the flames. Well, the liquid was luckily left over water from one of your practices. Flames were gone, Kenma was laughing, and you were done with the day.

"How about we just go get some takeout?" Kenma suggested.

"But my face, and your hair, and my hair, and us, and-" He cut you off. Shaking his head he pushed the stray bangs out of your eyes.

"Who cares?" He said.

And so it was decided. You threw on your coat and out the door you both strolled.