Oikawa One-shot (pt. 1/2)

Your makeup was running, hair all over the place, but you couldn't stop the flow of pained tears. Of all the days, Yahaba chose today, your anniversary, to break up with you. He probably didn't even remember today marked a year you had been dating.

   He had taken you to the carnival, one of your favorite places, to break the news to you. Maybe to soften the blow? Not that it helped any, you were still as devastated. If anything, his "convient" location made the whole discussion more dismal.

   All desire to stay in the exuberant center place leaving, you headed toward the one place you could lose yourself. Literally.

   The Hall of Mirrors was giant, and normally empty. Lucky for you, today it was basically a desolate wasteland of silence and your reflection. You ran in, all rational thoughts escaping. Nothing mattered anymore, becoming lost was the least of your cares right now. In fact, the more lost, the better.

   Trying to forget what happened earlier that day, you curled up in some random location you were sure was far from the entrance. If someone did happen to wander in, you had enough dignity left to not want to be seen crying.

   Your quiet sobs echoed throughout the building. Despite the volume of yourself, the footsteps you heard were becoming louder. Trying to stifle your noises, you covered your mouth and wiped your eyes.

   The sound of steps stopped but you still refused to make a peep. What if the person had just stopped to take a HoM selfie? Thinking back, you remembered that there was a contest going on with that stupid hashtag.

   Your suspicions were confirmed when you heard the 'click' of a phone's camera. The sound was followed by a voice though...

   "If only Iwa-chan were here~" the voice sighed.

   'Iwa-chan' hmm, that sounded familiar...

   OH-

   "And there! All sen-" the brunette tripped over the lump of you on the floor.

   Iwa-chan was another member of Yahaba's volleyball team. And the idiot who just tripped over you had to be...

   "Oikawa," he said. "Oikawa Tooru."

   "Hnnnn," was all you could get out. The boy, Oikawa apparently, had kicked you accidently during his fall.

   "Are you okay?!" He asked, new found concern in his voice.

   "Y-yeah, I'm fine," you said unconvincingly.

   "No, you're not," he said defiantly.

   One single tear fell down your face, and in his embrace you melted. His arms were around you before he knew it.

   "It was Yahaba wasn't it." The way he said it made it sound more like a fact than a question. You slowly nodded and he continued.

   "He told the whole team about how he was going to do it today. No reasons, no explanations, just that he was going to tell you today." He shook his head while talking, as if shaming Yahaba even though he wasn't there.

   Yes, his words were calming. No, they weren't enough. You couldn't control your sarcastic comments.

   "Try to convince me that I'm not drowning then," you finally said. Your famous metaphor in all its glory.

   His lips were on yours in seconds. He kissed you, and you kissed back. It felt so right. All thoughts of your ex floated away and your being was focused on the man in front of you. The man kissing you. The man you could already feel yourself falling in love with.