Yamaguchi One-shot

Yamaguchi had a talent. One that nobody knew about, except you, and possibly Tsukishima, not that it mattered.

   Yamaguchi was an amazing artist. He could paint the sunset in full color and it would look like a photograph. He could do a self portrait and it would be like he was looking in the mirror. But his favorite thing to draw, was you. And you loved being his model.

   "(Name), please stop moving so much," you heard Yamaguchi say.

   The position you were in wasn't uncomfortable, but it was beginning to get hard to sit still. He had been sketching your outline for hours, saying "It has to be absolutely perfect to capture all of your beauty!" Except that was what you heard. He actually said something like, "I just don't want to mess it up... You're really pretty so I have to try my best." Selective hearing was one of your strong points.

   When you felt like you were about to jump up and do multiple cartwheels from sitting still for so long, Yamaguchi spoke up.

   "We can take a break now, I have the rough outline done..." His voice was quiet, as if he was talking more to himself than to you. Completely confused, you strolled over to the sketchbook he was working in.

   It caught him off guard and he had no time to cover up his art. Glancing over the open page, you saw perfect lines connecting to one another, forming your figure. It was astounding, the absolute preciseness of each stroke, each mark, each little flyaway hair. He spared no details, and the work wasn't even halfway done.

   Quickly snatching the book away, Yamaguchi began blushing. A lot. The puzzlement on your face must have shown, because he began mumbling lame excuses. "It's not done" "No one touches my sketchbook" "All my art is bad so no."

   You shook your head in disbelief.

   "Yama," you cooed, "your art is beautiful, and you know it. How many times do I have to remind you?"

   Yamaguchi stared out the window, which was covered by the pouring rain outside.

   "I just, I don't know," he admitted. "It's not that I don't want you to see it, it's just not done and I always feel like you won't like it..."

   "Tadashi. I do not care if it is the worst art in the world. I will love it because you made it," you asserted.

   "Th-thank you, (name). Thank you."

   "Anytime, now how about we get back to the art so dinner comes sooner!" Your stomach started growling as soon as you said that though.

   "Or we could call it a day and go out now," he suggested. "I don't mind, we can finish this tomorrow."

   You agreed to that and headed out. You both ended up getting sushi amd stopping for some frozen yogurt afterwards. It turned out to be a nice day, Yamaguchi regained some confidence, you got your favorite dinner, and later that night he spooned you in a tight hug, singing you to sleep.