Kenma One-shot

Yes, this is another, different, Kenma one-shot. The last one I wrote today was sad ish so I thought, 'hey, why not make a happier one?' And so you have this, enjoy~

Oh, and it's short because I was planning on making it more detailed but I kinda lost motivation ;-;

——————————

It was 5:00 when you got home. Not surprisingly, you found Kenma lying on the couch napping, probably tired from practice (or dealing with Lev). You quietly made your way through the living room and into your bedroom.

Beginning to dress into more comfortable clothes (your current outfit was still slightly wet from having to change after swim practice), you heard stirring coming from outside the room.

Kenma must be waking up, you thought, his practice ended... 2 hours ago? Yeah, that sounds right.

Picking up your pace so you could greet your precious boyfriend when he woke up, you began humming. Your melody slowly crescendoed.

"Hnnng..." You heard Kenma whine from the living room.

You ran out as soon as your shirt was a safe distance below your chest. Without realizing, you kept humming. Kenma squirmed a little more at the sweet sounds that greeted him as he awoke.

All at once he was up though, looking around. His hands seemed to move on their own and his eyes glazed over in concentration. His sudden actions brought you back into focus and you immediately stopped your tune.

This also seemed to bring Kenma back to reality. He glanced over at you and started to smile.

"Wha-" was all you could muster before his lips met yours. Wondering what brought on this spontaneous act of adoration, you pulled back. Kenma pouted for a second before returning to his usual self.

"That melody you were humming?" He said to you.

You nodded your head, letting him further his explanation.

"It's the main theme to my favorite game," he continued, "I was happy to see you to begin with, but I guess the song brought on... That."

"Oh," was all you could manage to say. You were still in utter shock at what happened. You so rarely got a hug from Kenma, much less a kiss.

He just leaned in one more time, pecking you on the cheek.

"So," he said, "what's for dinner?"