Kuroo One-shot

yay happy state testing is over request! And I have something for the ACT too so just wait (ω◠✿)
*awkwardly tags you* EpicPanda1 since yeah, it was your request

-

   "Heh..." Kuroo shyly giggled at your joke.

   You and your best friend Kuroo had been walking around the park for hours now, you had honestly lost track of time. It was obvious that he had invited you here to ask you out, yet he seemed no where close to confident enough.

"So how was practice?" you asked sweetly.

"Oh it was good, Kenma was on point as normal, Lev's getting better at blocking (*violent COUGH*), Yaku is helping Shibayama well, and everyone else was pretty okay too," he replied.

"And how did you do?"

"Well... I messed up basic receives, and missed a few spikes."

You playfully pushed him, as a "punishment" for his bad performance.

   "What was that for?!" he exclaimed as a blush enveloped his face.

   "What do you expect?" you chided in a carefree manner. "A bad day at practice is nothing to laugh off!"

   He pouted to himself as you passed the children's playground. It was full of young kids, running around without a care in the world.

   "Wanna swing?" you asked.

   The offer brought his attention back to reality. "Sure."

   You grabbed his hand and led him to the small, secluded section in the corner. Jumping onto a swing, you hummed a melody that Kuroo had been doing earlier.

   "What is this song?" you questioned.

   "Hm? Oh, it's called Fly High by Burnout Syndromes."

   "I like it," you stated, focusing back on your legs, pumping you into the air.

   It felt as though even more hours had passed, the sky dark and star-filled.

"Look at the stars," you awed, finally breaking the silence.

"Yeah... they're pretty... like..." the rest of his sentence was lost, as you had gotten up from your swing and went to his, sitting yourself on his lap.

"Like what?" you prompted, squirming on his clamped together legs.

"L-like... Kenma!"

"Really?" you deadpanned. "Look dummy, I like you. Like, a lot."

His face burst into a strong shade of red, resembling a firetruck. "R-really?!"

"Yes really."

"Well that's nice..."

"And...?"

"And... I like you too," he finally choked out, face never differing from its current shade.

"Nice," you said. "Wanna be my boyfriend?"

"I'd love that, like I love..."

"Kenma, right?"

"No, you."