Cross Ship Poly One-shot

cross ship: AyaKen (Kenma [Haikyuu] X Ayato [Tokyo Ghoul])

dedicated to black_sapphire_

-

   "Calm down Ayato," you tried to soothe the bluette. He was in a fit of rage, as per usual. Luckily, you had just driven the three of you, Ayato, yourself, and Kenma, to an abandoned cottage on the edge of a beach.

Kenma sighed in exhaustion, after all he had just barely won his volleyball game against Nohebi Academy. In addition, he was used to the violent outrages of the ghoul.

Before you had met them both, Kenma and Ayato were surprisingly a couple of their own. It may have been a slightly rocky relationship, but they were inseparable. No matter how douchy Ayato would be, and no matter how much Kenma would be oblivious, they made it work every time. You only showed up in the picture one day because Kenma just couldn't calm down his lover.

~
   "Ayato..." you heard a voice cry. "Please... stop... that's enough..."

   Looking toward the plee, you saw the flashes of what could only be Kagune.

   'That's weird,' you thought to yourself. 'I don't think I know anyone with Ukaku..'

   Your senses finally came to, and you rushed over to the light and cries for help.

   "Stop!" you yelled, not even knowing who or what you were commanding.

   "And who's going to try and stop me now?" a sly voice asked. The person it belonged to was obviously under plenty of stress, as their voice was strained and pained.

   "Please," you begged. "Can't you see what you're doing?!" You pointed to the blonde that was pinned down by the Kagune.

   "Of course I ca—" but he stopped his statement mid-sentence. "Holy shit... Kenma... KENMA what have I done?!"

   Finally realizing what he had done, he retracted his "wings" and ran over to the boy lying on the ground.

   "Here," you said, pushing the ghoul over. "Let me."

   Ayato quickly moved, letting you take full treatment of Kenma.

   "T-thank you..." he started.

   "(Name)," you answered.

   "Thank you, (Name). I'm Ayato. And the boy you're helping, that's Kenma, my boyfriend."
~

But right now it looked like neither you nor Kenma would be able to help this time.

"Ayato, please, look. Kenma's tired, I'm tired too, and you're probably as well. We just want to have a nice picnic..." but you had to stop yourself. Kenma was slowly being crushed and you hadn't even realized it.

Without thinking, you ran over to Ayato. Grabbing his arm, you pulled him toward you and embraced him, tight. "Please stop."

Tears began welling up in the blonde's eyes as he was completely innocent and still not used to dating a ghoul, as well as a girl on top of that. He crawled to his feet and joined in on the hug, whispering "I love you both" under his breath. He meant his words, and it somehow brought peace to your small circle. Cascading down to the ground, Kenma had landed on top of you, and you had landed on top of Ayato.

   Quietly laughing at the sudden silliness of the situation, you edged Kenma off of you and rolled off of Ayato.

   "Well today has been eventful for sure!" you exclaimed, still laughing. Neither of the boys joined in your cheerfulness however.

   "Hey, what's wrong? Everything is better now..."

   They both wrapped their arms around you, holding on tight. You tried escaping the embrace, but to no avail. They weren't letting go.

   "I-I thought that I wasn't gonna make it," Kenma admitted.

   "And I don't even remember what happened, I was that out of it," Ayato contributed.

   "We're a danger to you," they whispered in unison.

   It was overwhelming. One minute Kenma was practically dying, Ayato not even close to mentally present— and now both of them wanting you to leave them.

   "No way in hell am I leaving you both," you defied.

   They looked taken aback, like this was a surprise. Of course it wasn't surprising at all, you loved them both with all of your being, all of your heart, and they knew it. You also vowed never to leave them after your first meeting.

~
   "Anytime," you smiled at the boy, Ayato as you now knew.

   The boy know as Kenma was also coming to now, openly staring at you with wide eyes.

   "Who're you?" he asked, curiosity filling his voice.

   "I'm (Name), nice to meet you!"

   "Oh, hello. I'm Kenma..." he trailed off.

   You rubbed the cat-like boy's head, earning a small noise of pleasure from him.

   "Woah," Ayato marveled. "Normally Kenma doesn't express any emotion, especially to people he's just met. You must be special."

   "In that case," you said, brushing some stray hairs out of Kenma's face, "I'll stay with you both. Promise!"
~

   "Are you sure?" Ayato asked, Kenma nodding in agreement.

   "Sure as I'll ever be," you promised.

   "In that case," Kenma said, breaking his streak of silence, "We'll stay with you. Promise."