BokuAka Songfic

Song- "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" by Panic! At The Disco

-

   It was Bokuto's big day. He was getting married, and to the girl of his dreams. Granted, it took him a while to settle down with someone.

   His previous years before meeting his fiancé were full of one night stands. He didn't care who it was, what gender they were, their looks weren't even a concern to Bokuto. All he craved was their body.

   That was until he met her.

   Yukie Shirofuku, a previous Fukurodani manager, the perfect angel. In Bokuto's eyes at least. Except she wasn't an angel at all.

-

   "What a beautiful wedding!" One of Yukie's bridesmaids said.

   "Yes, but what a shame. Poor Bokuto's bride is a whore," the waiter replied.

-

   Everything was in place. The flowers were pristinely set, matching both the bridesmaids' dresses and the other various decorations. The invitees were all waiting patiently in the folding chairs set up in an open clearing, the sun shining brightly down on them. The Officiant was standing at the front of the wedding arch, going through their notes one last time.

   Bokuto seemed like the only one not mentally present. The flower girl was anxiously anticipating her debut, practicing her smile, deciding how she would distribute the few flowers in her basket. The ring bear kept glancing down at the pillow which was bestowed upon him with great expectations, wondering how such a thing could be so, shiny and magical. Even Akaashi, Bokuto's Best Man, seemed cool, calm, and collected in his thoughts.

   Akaashi Keiji, the one who wanted to be more than "just friends." The one who supported his best friend through thick and thin, mood swing after mood swing, he had been there for everything. And now he was watching the one man he loved be married to a filthy slut. For as much as Akaashi secretly wished he was the one that would be with Bokuto for life, he didn't have the heart to tell the other the truth. That Yukie had been meeting with another guy for months. That she really didn't love Bokuto, she just loved his attention. His body. His willingness to give everything he was to her. And it broke the setter's heart.

-

   The silence quickly became awkward.

   Bokuto had been standing, waiting, for Yukie to come in for over 3 minutes now.

   "She's probably just fixing her hair. Or maybe her dress was too long. Or maybe..." Bokuto thought to himself.

   Then Akaashi walked up to him. He pointed toward the house, just a minute's walk away. Shaking his head, he led Bokuto to the building.

-

   Yukie was making out with another man, passionately at that. She didn't even notice the creak of the door as Akaashi eased it open. Nor the look of pure shock on her fiancé's face as he watched her, unable to look away.

   Only when Bokuto snapped did she look up. Only when he stalked up to her, promptly slapped the living daylight out of her, and spat in the man's face, did she realize what was happening. But by then, it was too late. She couldn't change her actions, not that she necessarily wanted to. Bokuto and Akaashi were already gone.

-

   "Bokuto-san..." Akaashi attempted to comfort the no-longer groom.

   "Akaashi..." Bokuto whimpered. "How... How could she... I thought she loved me..."

   Akaashi shook his head apologetically. "She wasn't the one, Bokuto-san. Forget her."

   The two walked in silence, no destination in mind. The silence wasn't strained, it was more comforting. Akaashi's heart was almost pounding out of his chest, while Bokuto's lay a broken mess, not sure if it would ever be able to be put together again.

   And then Akaashi couldn't help himself.

   He hugged the taller male, taking in his scent, his warmth, his hurt. He embraced Bokuto, not letting go.

   Bokuto melted into the hug, letting Akaashi share the pain in him.

-

   A week later, Bokuto and Akaashi were together. Bokuto soon moved into Akaashi's apartment, and Akaashi welcomed him with loving arms.

   Whenever Bokuto would get into one of his famous mood swings, Akaashi could now just hug him, and everything would be right with the world. Just a smile from Akaashi was enough to drive Bokuto crazy. But there were things that easily drove Akaashi wild too. His favorite feature of Bokuto was his arms, his lovely, buff, beautiful arms. Akaashi could stare at them for eternity and not want to look away. But they loved each other. And they were finally both happy, once again.