OiHina One-shot

ahhh yay one request done
gay-anime-freak it's a college AU and it's not exactly romantic, but there's definetely potential for a second part so expect that in the future!

-

Oikawa: Good morning little sunshine!
sent 9:04 AM

Hinata: Morning Grand King
sent: 9:06 AM

Oikawa: Hey, meet me at the little café outside the tower, see you there sunshine-chan!
sent: 9:09 AM

Hinata's eyes widened as he read Oikawa's last message. The café? Wasn't that a little too... romantic?

The flame-headed boy began panicking, wondering what he should wear to their little meet-up. Shirts flew everywhere. By the time he had actually found something suitable, it looked as if a mini tornado had made its way through the room, absolutely trashing everything in sight.

   I'll just pick it all up later, Hinata thought to himself, hurriedly throwing on his outfit for the day—normal, acid wash jean shorts, a t-shirt that read "real men play volleyball," and an oversized sweatshirt. Deciding that was decent enough, he bounded out the door, almost running straight into his car.

Driving at a breakneck speed, it was a surprise no cops stopped Hinata. Pleased, the previous middle blocker practically skipped into the café. In his blind movements, he stumbled right into Oikawa, the man he was meeting with.

   "Sunshine-chan!" the brunette exclaimed as he set Hinata down in a chair opposite his.

   "Oikawa-kun, you can call me by my name y'know. It's not high school anymore," Hinata simply stated, getting slightly annoyed at the nickname.

   "Of course, of course! So, Hinata-chan, how's college treating you?" Oikawa asked.

   "Okay skip the small talk, please. I'm not sure why you just randomly started texting me, I'm not sure why I'm here, I'm not even sure why I gave you my phone number in the first place—"

   "Oh, you didn't. Kenma gave it to Akaashi, who gave it to Bokuto, who gave it to Kuroo, who gave it to Yaku, who gave it to Shibayama, who gave it to Watari, who gave it to Iwa-chan, who gave it to me," Oikawa cut him off.

   "Whatever!" Hinata yelled, startling everyone withing range. "Just tell me why I'm here, classes start in an hour."

   "Shouyou," Oikawa started. "Can you come outside, please?"

   "Make it quiiiiiick," Hinata pleaded, constantly glancing at his watch.

   10 minutes, he thought, I have 10 minutes before I have to leave to make it to the university on time.

   "Oika—"

   "No," the previous setter argued. "Call me Tooru."

   "...To-Tooru," Hinata answered.

   "That's better," Oikawa sighed. "It makes it easier to do this-"

   The kiss overwhelmed the smalled boy, making him jump in surprise.

   "W-what was that for?!" Hinata demanded an answer.

   Oikawa just brushed stray hairs out of his face, eyeing his crush dreamily. "Whatever you think it means. But you better leave now, don't want to miss our classes, now do we?"

   Looking at his watch quickly, Hinata was startled.

   Time goes by fast when you're kissing someone, he mentally noted.

   "Bye bye, Shouyou-chan! Good luck in your classes!~"

   By the time Hinata looked back though, Oikawa was gone.