YakuLev One-shot

welcome to 'Ema is sad and needs to cheer herself up'
-
   "I call upon my best knight, Lev."

   The said knight sauntered up to the throne, atop of which sat the royal prince, Yaku Morisuke. Quickly he bowed in the presence of someone with such power, but the young royalty stopped him.

   "I do not need you to bow, for I want you to stay with me," the prince said firmly. Only seconds later did he realize that what he said was suggestive. He corrected himself immediately. "As a bodyguard of course."

   "Yes, my prince. I will protect you with my life," Lev promised.

~

   Their lives went on in peace, traveling to other kingdoms and going in short vacations, nothing more than a prince with his honored knight. Lev never lead Yaku on, though there were times when he was overly tempted. And Yaku never put too much strain on Lev, though there were times that he should have. They cared for each other as family would.

   One day however, there was a royal banquet being held in the next kingdom over, only a short carriage ride away. Halfway through their travel the passengers were attacked though.

   Lev rushed into action, sword in hand. He would protect Yaku with his life, just as promised.

   "Lev!" the sandy-haired prince yelled as he jumped onto one of the robbers. He was not going down without a fight, even if he had a bodyguard. Yaku was not one to just sit back and watch, especially with the life of one of his closest friends on the line.

   The fought for what felt like hours when it was actually just five short minutes. The royal crew easily made it out on top, but not without a major issue.

   Lev had a giant gash on his leg, and he couldn't treat it himself. It was accustomed in Yaku's family to leave your knight if he was unfit for the job, and certainly Lev was as of late. But no.

   "Driver," Yaku commanded. "To the nearest apothecary."

   The whole ride Yaku pet Lev's head, worrying that they would arrive too late.

~

   "He should be perfectly okay," the magistra chirped, earning a sigh of relief from Yaku.

   Quietly, the prince snuck into his knight's room to check for himself. "I don't know what I would do if I lost you..."

   "You'd probably die," Lev giggled, turning over to face the other male.

   "I should have left you to die," Yaku growled, flicking Lev's forehead.

~

   "Do you, Yaku Morisuke, take Lev Haiba to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

   "I do."

   "And do you, Lev Haiba, take Yaku Morisuke to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

   "I do."

   "You may now kiss the groom."

   The wedding had been approved and proceeded to take place just a month after Lev's initial recovery. It happened in the Spring, flowers all throughout the venue and even some in the groomsmens' hair. But it was lovely, and so was the couple.

   Lev was still Yaku's knight in shining armor, but now he was also his husband. And neither would change it if they got the chance.