KageHina One-shot

requested by the lovely black_sapphire_

-

It was one of those days. No practice, no school, just the strain of hours going by before Hinata actually had to do something. He struggled, attempting to anything helpful around the house. Finally giving up, he called Kageyama.

"Kageyama, can you come over?"

"What do you need? I mean sure, but uh, okay."

Relieved that there was no complication, Hinata sighed in victory to himself. However he also remembered that his house was a mess. So much for "helping around the house" earlier.

Rushing around, the small middle blocker tired himself rather quickly cleaning. The thing was, when the ball of sunshine was worn out, his mood went down with him.

Knock knock knock.

"Coming!!" Hinata yelled, sprinting to the door.

He opened the door, letting a warm breeze flow into the house. Kageyama nodded, thanking the shorter for allowing him in.

"You know, Kageyama, since it's so late, and starting to get dark out, maybe we should go somewhere now," Hinata suggested.

"Sure," Kageyama replied, shrugging his shoulders nonchalauntly.

"Great!" Hinata exclaimed, now pushing the setter out the door.

The red head led the two of them to an overlook, just over half-a-mile from his house. He motioned for his partner to sit, soon following suit. They sat and stargazed for who knows how long, until Hinata finally spoke.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey what?" Kageyama asked.

"You deserve the whole universe, you know? You make my heart go all 'gwah' inside. But I'm just a star in the universe. I'm not enough for you."

   "Hinata, you may just be a star. But you are the sun, my favorite star, my happiness, and my light. You brighten my life, and I couldn't imagine owning a whole universe if you weren't right there next to me."