Akaashi Drabble

Akaashi Keiji, the love of your life, but also the death of you. The way his gray-blue eyes pierced your heart, the way he could calmly continue any conversation, even the way his ever-so-short black hair was never in a set fashion. These little things were just the tip of the iceberg, the tip of Akaashi's attractive points. He had everything he could ever want. Vice captain of his volleyball team as a second year, being best friends with one of the top aces in Japan, and of course, being the boyfriend of the most attractive girl at Fukurodani. You worshiped him, the ground he walked on, even the people he regularly talked to. You loved him more than you knew you could love a person. Akaashi somehow brought out your affection, all of your affection. He was the thing that made you keep going in life, your motivation, your light at the end of the tunnel. He kept you grounded, he made sure you didn't float away in the raging waves of the ocean, he comforted you on shore when you couldn't swim.

   But his girlfriend, she was perfect too. And she also wasn't you.

   Akaashi would never notice you, a wallflower who did nothing but admire from afar, and that broke your fragile heart faster than anything else ever would.