Akaashi One-shot

it's done!! ahhh thank you again for that au tho, it was perfection in a few sentences <3

-

Picking up a spoon, you sighed heavily. Doing the dishes just so happened to be your least favorite chore, and there were quite a lot of dishes to be done right now.
Suddenly one of your favorite songs came on. It blasted into your ears at a practically deafening volume. Enjoying every second, you completely ignored the urgent cries of your name coming from outside of the kitchen.
"(NAME)! CAN YOU EVEN HEAR ME?!"
"Now I can..." you sarcastically replied.
"Drop the attitude, but hurry up with the dishes. We can't run the shower and the sink at the same time, so your sibling can't clean up. They've been waiting for awhile now too."
"Alright," you lazily murmered, hiding your annoyance to the best of your ability.
You continued your job while humming the tune of the song. Before you knew it, occasional lyrics would slip past your lips as well.
"Shut up!" you heard your annoying sibling yell.
"Hey stop," your parent chastised. "She can sing if she wants to."
"Not if she can't sing..."
By now you were completely done with everyone in the house. And the dishes. So off to your room you fled.
Flopping down onto your bed unceremoniously, you threw a pillow over your head and unplugged the headphones from your phone. Blaring various bands, you ignored everything around you. Only the staccato of vibrations coming from your phone was able to break your concentration on breathing.
Glancing at the screen, your face lit up.

Akaashi: How's your day been, love?

Not wanting to lie, you kept your answers vague.

You: Okay
Akaashi: Oh really?
You: Yeah
Akaashi: I'm going to call you if you don't give me the honest answer...

A call wouldn't be the worst right now, you thought to yourself.

Akaashi: Time's up, talk to you in a minute

Sure enough, your phone began ringing within a minute of his last text.

   "(Name)?"
   "Yes, Keiji?"
   "Okay, what's wrong?"
   "The usual, (s/n) is being a jerk. My parents have no filter or empathy. And I'm stuck doing all of the house chores again. You?"
   "Oh... okay. I'm fine, practice was good. Dinner was edible," you laughed at that part. His mother was a mess in the kitchen, so it was a surprise he was a master chef. "Hey, I got you to laugh! Anyway, I actually have to go, so I hope things get better. Text me if you need anything~" and with that, he hung up. He hadn't even given you time to say goodbye or "I love you." In fact, he didn't even say those three words to you.
   Even more upset than before your abrupt call, you burried your face into your pillow and made a fort-like sanctuary out of blanket surrounding you. There, you played your "Sad" playlist and twirled your hair, holding back tears.
   'Why is everyone so stupid?!' you demanded an answer from yourself. Moments after asking however, your thoughts were interrupted by obnoxious knocking on your door.
   "(Name)," you sibling yelled through the wooden board that secluded you from the rest of the house. "Someone's here to see you, and I think it's that one guy that you always tell us about? The one we all thought was fake because we've never seen him? What was his name again..? Atsuki... Akari... Ak—"
   "Akaashi!" you bolted out of your cave, knocking your sibling down. 'Serves them right,' you thought mid-run.
   As soon as you saw him, you sped up more. Catching him off guard, you jumped at him.
   "Woah," he laughed. "Calm down, you see me almost every day."
   Crying tears of joy, you shook your head. You grabbed him by the hand and signaled to your parents that he was a-okay and wouldn't try and murder anyone. They nodded approval and you led him back to your room.
   "So this is where my pretty girl spends most of her life," he observed, taking in the surroundings.
   You giggled and wrapped your arms around him. "Don't leave soon," you begged.
   "Why would I leave anyway? I seem to have permission to stay from your parents," he noted.
   "Yay!" you exclaimed.
   He wrapped his arms around you now, too. Standing quietly, hugging to fill the silence. You gingerly shut the door, blocking out the world except for you and Akaashi. Not that you had anything to hide. The rest of your night was filled with cuddles and kisses from the boy you loved, and you cherished every single moment.