DaiSuga Fluff (one-shot?)

Suga was eager to get out of practice. It'd been one whole week since he'd last seen Daichi, and oh how his heart ached. Going to different universities was tough, even though they still made sure to meet up at least once a week. However, this week had been especially difficult.

See, it was a month until Daichi's birthday. Suga wanted to make it special, very special. Even though there was still a full month to go, he had already planned everything out. One may say he was, overprepared? But he himself thought he was perfectly organized. Yet, it's hard to keep a secret when you're so excited about it. So basically, Suga was craving to see Daichi, and he also really wanted to tell him about their surprise, but he also knew he couldn't. Such a dilema, for such a sweet person.

Daichi, on the other hand, was just as restless. He knew Suga was busy with medical school, so he avoided calling often. Little did he know that Suga was upset at the lack of calls.

As soon as practice ended for both, they rushed to their dorms. It's not that they didn't want to live together, they just didn't have enough money right now. Both, however, were looking forward to the day they could share a home.

Suga is relatively fast at getting ready. As he finished putting on his suit and fixing his hair, he called Daichi.

Daichi, on the other hand, is terribly slow. When Suga called him, he had just gotten out of the shower. ((calm your nosebleeds)) He ran to pick up his phone, and was elated at the sound of his boyfriend's voice.

"Daichi? Are you almost ready? We're meeting at 7 PM, remember."

"Yes, Koushi. I'm putting my suit on now."

"Well hurry up, you slowpoke! I'm leaving now, see you there~!"

Daichi sighed as Suga hung up. He had to get ready faster, he thought as looking at the clock on the wall. 6:35. He needed to get ready, a lot faster. It took 10 minutes to drive to where they were meeting and he wanted to get there at least 5 minutes early.

Rushing to the point where he forgot to fix his hair up, Daichi jumped into his car and sped off. 6:45. He was making good time.

When Daichi finally got to the restaurant, he noticed Suga waiting on the bench outside.

Suga noticed Daichi too.

"Daichiiii!!" He yelled, running up to Daichi and tightly embracing him.

"I missed you, Koushi."

"I missed you too, so much it hurt." Suga pouted.

They eagerly made their way into the restaurant, escaping the cold of the outside. Their waiter seated them near the fireplace, at a table in the corner.

Suga gently laced his fingers around Daichi's hand, stroking the top. Daichi's hand slowly started to grip Suga's, letting the other know that he was fine with holding hands. Suga smiled at the small gesture and let out a sigh of relief.

"For a second, I thought you were just going to leave me hanging honestly..." Suga said, barely audible.

"Why would I do that?" Daichi asked, his voice clearly showing his worry.

"Oh, it's nothing," he answered back. But it obviously was not nothing. Something was bothering Suga, and Daichi was determined to find out before the end of the night.

After they were finished eating, Daichi and Suga walked down the street to the cozy book store. They went there often enough that all of the cashiers knew them, and today was no exception. She just smiled and waved at them as they walked in, knowing that they would leave empty handed. It's just what they did. She knew that they only came here as an excuse to be together, somewhere relatively private as no one came into the store often.

They talked and talked, until well past 10 o' clock.

"Suga, we should start to head home," Daichi whispered to his adorable partner. They were curled up in the corner, looking through children's books from their childhood.

"Oh... Okay. Well, I guess I should rent a room at the local motel, seeing as I have a train ride, opposed to your 10 minute drive." Suga responded. He seemed... Off.

"Wait," Daichi said. "Are you sure that everything is okay? I know you too well, and you seem off."

Suga was finally defeated. He couldn't take it anymore.

"No, everything is not okay. That time you asked me why I was scared at the restaurant earlier? It was because I thought you were ignoring me. You never call, and you didn't seem like you were in a rush to get ready for our date either. I was just so upset. I'm sorry for not telling you..." He had let it all out. Everything that he was scared about.

"Kou... I would never ignore you. I didn't call because I know you're busy with school. And of course I was in a rush to get ready. I could not wait to see you. You're all I think about anymore, and I wish we could see each other more often. I love you so much Koushi, so much." Daichi had no idea that it was bothering Suga so much, if he had, everything would have been different.

"Do... Do you mean it?" Suga questioned, not quite convinced yet.

"Of course I mean it. And to prove it? How about I pay for the motel room, and I'll stay with you tonight. It's not like the idiot foursome will miss me." Daichi had offered exactly what Suga wanted. ((Yes I hc that all of the captains will share a dorm; rip any girl that enters tbh))

"O-okay! I believe you, but you don't have to cover the whole bill of the room, I can pay half," Suga said, perking up immensely.

They walked a few blocks to the nearest motel and reserved a room. It wasn't a luxury, but it would do.

"I love you, Daichi."

"I love you too, Koushi."

And they cuddled throughout the night, craving each other's warmth.