Kuroo One-shot

Looking out the steamed up window, you sighed. Kuroo was late from work, again. And it was quite dismal outside so the roads were likely messy as well.

Glancing at your phone that sat stationary on the table, you debated calling him. No, you thought, he could be driving, I don't want him to get stopped by a cop. Puffing out some air to make the stray hairs covering your eyes rise, you continued to stare out the window, a look of concern clouding the orbs.

Headlights burst through the fog. "Kuroo!" you practically screamed running toward the door.

   His footsteps were splotchy and squishy as he made his way up the drenched yard toward you, who was holding the door ajar welcoming him home with warm, open arms.

"(Name)," he called to you, picking up speed as he got closer. You met him halfway, ignoring the growing discomfort of wetness from the mud as it soaked into your socks.

The embrace was needy, as if you had been separated for a thousand years. You held on, rain pouring down around you with no relent. Kuroo was inching you toward the door, and you quietly moved with him, never letting go.

   "I missed you," you whispered.

   "And I missed you," he replied, pecking you on top of the head. "I'm sorry I was late, I was picking this up..."

   He fumbled around in his pocket for something, and his face lit up when he apparently found it. Slowly, he got down on one knee, tears forming in both his and your eyes.

   "(Name), I love you," he promised. "So, will you marry me?"