Bokuto One-shot

"But what if you get caught on the train, it's snowing SO HARD out right now. And if you do get caught in the storm, some 'nice man' could sneak up on you when you're panicking. And then he could—"

   He had been at this for fifteen minutes now. The raging blizzard outside also wasn't helping your case. The world seemed to be against you going out for groceries. But you needed to go, and he knew it. If you were to skip this shopping trip, there would be no food in the house by tomorrow.

   "Kou, I promise I'll be back in an hour. It's just a trip to the store. If the train does get caught up somewhere, I'll call you first."

   You were trying your best to assure Bokuto, but it just wasn't working. Running out of options, you clung to him like a small child would to their favorite blanket.

   "I-I'm just worried about you," he admitted. You shook your head, another attempt to reassure him. A staccato of promises escaped your lips. Just when you were about to give up hope and buy groceries some other day, he spoke up.

   "Well..."

   "Well what..?" You urged him to finish his thought.

   "What if I went... With you," he suggested.

   "Of course you can," you soothed. "Be my knight in shining armor, protecting me from the 'nice men' on the train."

   You both started laughing. Bokuto's face went from a subtle pout to his breathtakingly beautiful smile. The sparatic mood changes he so often went through caught you off guard almost everytime, but this one made you happy. You gave him a cheesy grin in response and hugged him tight.

   "Thank you, my handsome prince."

   "My pleasure, my beautiful princess."