Lev One-shot

"Ooo! Look! There's a shooting star!"

   Lev was in awe at the sight. This was the "fifth" comet he'd seen, and every time his face was full of wonder. It was as if each star was its own special occurance, and maybe it was. Lev sure made it seem like that.

   "Are you absolutely sure every falling star you see is actually a falling star?" You said it jokingly, the hint of a laugh in your voice.

   "Of COURSE! Are you not seeing them?!" His defensiveness caught you off guard.

   "Okay, okay. I was just asking," you mumbled.

   Lev sensed the aprehension in your voice. It wasn't that he meant to scare you or anything, he just wanted you to feel the magic of your view. He insisted on this trip, "It'll be good luck for my tournament! C'mon, I promise you'll love it!"

   "I'm sorry (name), I just really, really want you to have a good time. And if you doubt the magic, well, it's not magic anymore." You felt bad now, your innocent joke turned into him apologizing.

   "No, Lev, stop. I didn't mean to vitiate your mood, I promise. I believe you, I really do. Even if there were no shooting stars, I'd still feel something special... Because you're here with me." Your eyes began to fill with tears, happy tears. The fact that it was just the two of you, alone, watching the sky in the middle of what seemed like nowhere.

   Lev was speechless. He didn't know why you were crying, not that you did either. Your last sentence though, it made him overjoyed. Maybe he had made up a few of the stars he'd seen, he should've guessed that you'd see right through him. But it wasn't the sight above you that made this night special. It was you.

   "I love you, so much. I just, I know I mess up, a lot." You eased a laugh at his honesty. "But I somehow have you, and I don't think that's a mess up—is it?"

   "No, my precious Lev, I'm not a mess up, you're not a mess up, this night isn't a mess up. And if it is, we'll be the best mess up the world has ever seen, I promise you that," you soothed. You meant what you said too, none of this, not one thing, was wrong.

   "So, would you mind telling Kenma that...?" He joked. It was good to see your adorably dorky boyfriend back.

   "I'll tell all of Nekoma anytime you want," you promised. "I'll even tell them what we do when we're alone..."

   "Woah. Slow down. We've never done anything—"

   "Yet," you cut him off.

   Lev, your tall, affectionate, not-so-modest sweetheart, went giddy with excitement. You were proposing something, something he had secretly been waiting for.

   He began to take his shirt off when you grabbed his arm.

   "Not so fast, Mr. Casanova."

   The look of disappointment on his face was enough that if Alisa was here, you'd be dead in seconds flat. Still, you kept your grip on his arm. If you were going to do this, you would want to do it somewhere that you could revisit easily.

   "But—"

   "But nothing. If we do this, you go by my rules. No exceptions."

   Lev was in no place to argue, so he slid his shirt back on reluctantly. He quickly tore the blanket you had sloppily layed out in an attempt to cover the wet grass off the ground and threw it into the backseat of the car. Pulling you up, he carried you princess style to the passenger's side door.

   "Someone's impatient~" you teased. This only made him move faster, if humanly possible.

   "Damn," Lev said, curling up next to your figure, "that was amazing."

   "Thanks," you replied. "You're not so bad yourself."

   Letting him spoon you, you felt curious hands move through your hair.

   "Lev..."

   "Hm?"

   "What are you doing?" You asked. By now, he no longer had an arm over your body. Instead, you could feel a hand hastily tracing the bare skin of your arm. His other hand still felt as though it were absentmindedly twirling your hair.

   "Oh... Just writing," he murmured.

   "And what are you writing?" You could tell it was Kanji, but he was moving his fingers too fast for you to make out the writing completely.

   "Things I love about... Life," he lazily responded.

   "As long as I'm one of them," you whispered, feeling yourself fall into dreamland.

   "Of course you are," he whispered back. "I love you so much, your name is what I write every other word..."

   Not that he could see it, but your face as you fell asleep was an angelic smile that could only be brought on by your favorite person in the world.