KuroKen One-shot (pt.2)

-part 1 can be found in the previous chapter-

   "How've you been?" Kuroo questioned, attempting to start a casual conversation.

   "Probably about as well as you have," Kenma laughed sarcastically.

   They conversed about past memories, nostalgia flooding through their words. And then the old relationships slipped in somehow.

   "I heard Tsukishima left you," Kenma innocently said.

"I heard the same about Yamaguchi, actually," Kuroo shot back a little to angerily.

"Yeah, Tadashi left, but I mean it's probably my fault he did anyway..."

Kuroo, realizing how his words actually affected the blond, violently shook his head. "Why would it be your fault? You're amazing and handsome as fuck, plus you're really precious when you think no one is looking—"

'Oh shit.'

Kenma jumped back in reaction to the words, not fully taking them in at first. No one had ever really complimented him, and to that degree was unbelievable. Also 'when he thought no one was looking'.... Uhm.

"I mean—" Kuroo went to correct himself.

"No, Tetsurou, thank you. How about we go pick up dinner later? Ino, Kousuke, and Airi seem to get along too," Kenma suggested.

"Oh, uh, yeah sure. Sounds good."

~

   "Oh my goodness, Ino, you're gonna grow up to be just as silly as your dad!" Kenma joked, waving around a breadstick dramatically. Maybe he had had one drink too many, but it didn't matter. This was the first night in who knows how long where he didn't feel lonely, and instead was surrounded by people who loved him. Who cared about how he felt.

   "Kousuke tells me that all the time!" Ino yelled defiantly, as if being like his dad was a bad thing.

   "Boys are so weird," Airi mused, stirring her (virgin) Strawberry Daiquiri absentmindedly. She was imagining the wedding decorations already, planning them in correlation to the alumni's school colors. Maybe more white than red, red as the main color would be straining on the eyes.

   She was snapped back to reality when Kenma pat her head, saying something along the lines of "It's been me and her for forever now!" Of course she knew he was a bit tipsy, and she planned to have water ready for when they got home. But that could wait.

   Kousuke on the other hand was trying to sneak a bit of his dad's beverage. He was caught immediately, and only got a small slap on the wrist. "You can try some another time, Kou," was what he heard.

   "Alright!" Kuroo finally announced. "It's time to go home."

   "But we're soooo far away, can we pretty please stay in a hotel tonight?" Ino begged, bringing up a good point.

   "I don't see a problem with it," Kenma chipped in.

~

Kuroo and Kenma got a room to themselves, while the children had the adjacent one, accessible by a door on the far wall.

Kenma was out almost as soon as they got into the room. And the kids soon followed suit, their noise and laughter fading out one at a time. Just as Kuroo was about to climb into bed (yes, next to Kenma), there was a small knock at the door to Airi, Ino, and Kousuke's room.

Kuroo struggled out of bed, despite his desire to just sleep. Opening it revealed a tired-looking Airi.

"Whatcha need, love?" he asked, yawning after.

"Do you love Daddy?" she simply questioned.

"Of course I do, I've loved your dad since high school," he admitted.

"Good, make sure he's happy, please. Goodnight, Dad."