Steve To Tony

"Tony?"

"Oh. Hey,"

"Are you okay?"

"Fine."

"Are you-"

"I can't talk to you right now. Please,"

"I'm sorry. About what-"

"You're sorry? I can't- I can't... I didn't mean it. Actually I do, but I said it in a mean way,"

"About Bucky and me not trusting you?"

"Yeah,"

"And about you worrying all the time and being better off as soil, you mean that too?"

"Yeah. That's kinda why I don't wanna talk to you because that's really emb-"

"You're not. Better off as soil, I mean. And I get the thing about Buck but... I dunno,"

"I just- You forgave him? Or you never cared in the first place, what's your deal?"

"He's my best friend,"

"Who tried to-!"

"He doesn't remember! And he's all- He's all I have left. Him and Peggy, and she'll die long before I do. He was my best friend, Tony,"

"Was your best friend,"

"He was then,"

"And now?"

"He's what I have,"

"You have me. Not that I was like, in the war or whatever. But i'm your friend. And Bucky isn't- I get that he's your best pal and stuff and he's a great guy, except for trying to-"

"Stop. I know. But he doesn't remember and i'm working on forgetting,"

"Working on forgetting," Tony scoffed. "Yeah, i've been doing that my whole life, and it doesn't work when you're sober,"

"Tony-"

"I just wanna blow his brains all over a wall and feed him to wolves. Every single time I see him I wanna smash in his head. But i'm nice because you like him, which I don't fucking get at all but as long as you're happy i'm fine, except you're not happy and you won't talk to me about it. So I worry,"

"I'm fine,"

"You're an awful liar,"

"Bucky's my best friend,"

"He was your best friend. And now you're gonna play house with him and pretend everything's fine just because you don't wanna let go. And I get it, really, I do. The part I don't get is where you forgive him for what happened. He did that. To you. And clinging to the past is- it's unhealthy, but who am I to judge. Clinging to him is what I can't understand,"

"I'm sorry,"

"You shouldn't be,"

"You need to eat,"

"Do I? I feel like my body can run on nothing for at least a week,"

"You passed out last time you tried that,"

"But I built a helicarrier,"

"Still, you need food,"

"You baby me,"

"Well when you stop acting like a baby i'll stop treating you like one,"

"Tell your boy to stop spying on me,"

"He's not my-"

"I don't care what he is, he's been watching me from the top of some building for a half hour,"

"Will you-"

"Yes, Steve, i'm going to come back to the freaking tower and eat because you asked me to. But i'm still royally pissed at Bucky,"

"Thanks,"

"Eh,"