Tony's POV

Tony was considering the many ways he could effectively 'woo' (he really hates that word) Steve when the man out of time himself walked into the lab.
"Hey. What're you-"
"Food. You need to eat," Steve set down a box of takeout in front of Tony.
"Oh. Thanks,"
"Yeah,"
There was a really awkward silence for a moment, and Steve decided that was his cue to leave.
"Are you busy?" Tony blurted out, because Steve looks so delicious and the whole guilt and lust thing is getting to be too much, a heavy weight in the bottom of his stomach. "I was thinking- you know, I do that a lot, think, at the absolute worst times, just ask Pepper, but- I was thinking-"
"Yes?" Steve smiled. Patient. Amused. Good thing he found Tony's struggle funny, because Tony was on the verge of crawling into a hole.
"You wanna work on some of the cars?"
Steve's expression changed from amusement to surprise.
"Really? Why?"
"I've seen you, like, staring lustfully at them. And the mustang, you were drooling I swear. You can play with them,"
"Alright," Steve nodded, and that tough guy smile thing he was doing was absolutely killing Tony. "Not, like, right now, because it's midnight, but. Yeah,"
"It's midnight? No it isn't!"
"You really should invest in a watch, Tony," Steve laughed as he walked back upstairs.
"Well. Whenever you wanna work on the cars- I'm down here,"
"Promise?" Steve called down the stairs, and Tony could hear his half earnest half teasing tone and it was so freaking unfair, why is he so cute, this is ridiculius.
"Promise," Tony smiled. He could so woo Steve.

** vote// comment// share **