Bucky's POV

The Avengers' Tower was so fucking bizarre.

Bucky was staring at the ceiling, trying to think of a way to apologize to Steve without losing it or getting murdered by Tony. Next thing he knew, Hawkeye was yelling for him to "Go tell Tony that Marie needs burn stuff or Bruce is gonna flip the fuck out". He tried responding, but Clint couldn't hear him (or didn't want to), so he went down to the lab.

"Tony, Clint says that Marie needs-" He started, entering the lab. He stopped as he realized that the lab was empty. It was completely silent, which was extremely rare. "Stark?" He asked again, his voice echoing. He hated the way his voice sounded now, deep and unfamiliar and cold. He sounded like a gun, which he supposed was appropriate considering his purpose for the last two decades had been that of a human killing machine.

"Mister Stark is in the Huge Ass Teevee Room with Mister Rogers," Jarvis said, pulling Bucky out of his thoughts.

"Did Clint tell you to call it that?" Bucky mumbled as he went back up the steps.

"Mister Barton did program that response, yes,"

Bucky rolled his eyes and headed to the Movie Room, as normal humans called it. The door flew open before he could get to it, and Tony rushed out. He came to a screeching halt in front of Bucky, Steve arriving a moment later in the door way.

"I was just- Marie needs something for her burns or Bruce is gonna... Uh- Clint said to tell you," Bucky struggled. The situation was too thickly coated in awkwardness for him to speak correctly.

"Right, good, i'll go..." Tony ran a hand through his hair, looking seriously high strung. "I'll go do that," he sighed after a minute, rushing away from Steve and Bucky. Steve stared after him, his face looking confused and sad. Finally his eyes met Bucky's.

"Hey, Buck," he said in a tone that was more whispered than spoken. He was having trouble talking aroun the lump in his throat. "You, uh... how's it..."

"I'm sorry," Bucky blurted. "For- And- Yeah. That. I don't really... Sorry. And you don't have to talk to me, ever,"

"Apology accepted," Steve said, smiling a little. It went almost immediately back to a frown as he glanced in the direction of the staircase.

"You and Tony have a fight?" Bucky asked. Steve flushed red.

"No, we, uh," he cleared his throat. "I did something stupid, he, ah- It's fine,"

"Well Bruce is losing his shit at the little burnt girl, and Loki and the burnt one's girlfriend can't keep him chill for much longer so..."

"Yeah, i'll go- Yeah. Why isn't Clint there? Bruce'll listen to him. Let's get Clint,"

"You can try. He's being an asshole,"

Steve smiled a little, teaing his eyes off the staircase and heading down the hall. And for a second, Bucky almost felt not uncomfortable around him, like maybe he could be Steve's friend again.

"CLINT GET YOUR LAZY ASS UP RIGHT NOW OR I'M GONNA START BREAKING STUFF!" Captain yelled, yanking the sleeping man out of his bed and onto his feet.

"Hnnn? What?" Clint asked lazily. He looked up at Cap. "You brought Bucky? Where's Stark with the magic burn cure? And why am I up? Did you find Thor?"

"Thor? What? Thor's not lost- And that's not- Go talk to Bruce before he loses it!"

"Fine!" Clint whined, letting Steve and Bucky pull him to Bruces third floor lab.

Loki and Melinda had Bruce cornered, and May was hiding under a table. Bucky pulled a knife out of his belt and set it ontop on the table, unnoticed.

"Hey! Oh, did you find Thor?" Marie said casually, not looking up from her phone.

"Thor's not-" Steve started exasperatedly. Bruce threw a glass beaker in the general direction of Steve's head, but Clint caught it. The room got quiet as he approached Bruce.

"Now, really, throwing things is not like you," Clint sighed, setting the beaker down. "What's got you all huffy and puffy, dear?"

"She got-!"

"Burned, yes. She's alright. Nothing too horrible,"

"She could've died and nobody thought to-!"

"It's fine, she's fine, we're fine! It's fine! Look, fine," he gestured to Marie, curled up under the desk with her face in her phone. "She's probably tweeting about this right now, perfectly fine. And you know, it's not really your place to get mad. That's gonna be Fury's place when she shows up for mission report,"

Bruce glared down at Clint, silent for a minute.

"Oh, fine, for Christ's sake!" Bruce finally agreed, turning his back to all of them and shaking his head. Loki and Melinda un-corned him and walked away.

"Thanks," Clint said to them as the left.

Melinda shrugged and pulled Marie out with her. Loki took a hand from his coat pocket to wave a goodbye, but two little pieces of plastic fell out as well. He froze in place as they hit the ground.

"Are those my hearing aids?!" Clint demanded. Loki started slowly toward the door, but it was too late. Bruce whipped around so fast he should've gotten whiplash, brushed past Clint, and snatched Loki up by his neck.

"You took them?" He asked furiously.

"I wanted to see if he could work without them," Loki tried meekly.

Bruce marched him out of the room by his windpipe.

"Is he gonna kill Loki?" Bucky asked. Cap and Clint shrugged. Clint bent to gather his ear pieces and put them back in quickly. The sudden look of relief that washed over his face told them that they were working.

"I love the sound of nothing," Clint sighed fondly. "Hey, what's that knife doing on the table?" He pointed, squinting in confusion.

"Mine," Bucky said, like it should be obvious.

"What for?" Clint prompted.

"In case you have to put me down," Bucky replied, emphasizing it as though Clint should already know.

"What?!" Steve demanded.

"Oh. I guess you don't- Cos- Oh. Sorry," Bucky grabbed it and stuck it back in his belt. "I should go. Natasha wants me to get Sam off a building,"

"She left him there this ENTIRE TIME?" Clint cackled. Bucky shrugged.

"Yeah. I'm gonna... Yeah," He ducked out of the room. Steve was agape.

"Put him down?! What was that?!"

Clint shrugged.

"Go ask Stark about it,"

Cap's eyes went wide and his face went red.

"No. I gotta- Go," he rushed out. Clint threw his arms up in exasperation at the empty room.

"Now who am I gonna talk to?" He whined. "I can hear again! Come on!"