2. Sentinel to the world (1)

Chapter 02

"...System data is being imported..."

"...Host awakening is in progress..."

When he opened his eyes, Bai Yue realized that he was on a balcony, leaning against the beautifully carved railings, neatly wearing a small smoky gray suit, and seeing the hazy night scene through the window, while the silence behind him was silent. , turned his head and saw that it was a bedroom.

Looking around, confirming that there is only one person in this small space, Bai Yue closed his eyes and began to receive the basic situation of the world according to the guidance of the system.

After about a minute of data transmission, the young man's eyelids trembled. He pressed his forehead, which was a little sore from the influx of information, with one hand, and slowly opened his eyes: "This world... is a bit interesting."

"I specially selected this world." System Jin Jiang S1017's tone was brisk, with a gesture of inviting credit, "Considering that the host is a novice, the interstellar background, era and technological development are similar to the host's original world, as a The original owner of the task object has a noble identity and ensures that the host can enjoy the best material life..."

Bai Yue really felt a warm feeling in his heart when he heard its ramble introduction. It seems that the system has a heart. I was afraid that he would not be able to adapt to it, so he chose a world with a similar background as possible.

Just as the system said, this place is very similar to his original world development stage, technological level, and values. If there is any obvious difference, it is probably spiritual power. In the original world of Bai Yue, the development direction of spiritual power can be chosen by oneself and shaped by the day after tomorrow, but here, because of the fixed development direction of spiritual power buried in genes, two special talents are distinguished:

Sentinels and guides.

The former accounts for about 10% of the population. The five senses and physique are strengthened through mental power, but the disadvantage is that mental power becomes extremely sensitive and fragile in a certain sense - it is easy to generate mental power under stimulation or high-intensity use. Blockage, if it persists for a long time, may lead to mania, which can make people sleepless at night, unable to hear sound, change their temperament, and even endanger their lives.

The latter account for only 1% of humans. Their mental power has the characteristics of gentle and long-lasting, very stable, and generally has high mental power. The spiritual power of these guides can defuse - at least soothe the sentinel's mental mania. However, because people's spiritual world is very complex, spiritual counseling can only be carried out between sentinels with a high degree of matching, otherwise, the sentinel's arrogance may be aggravated and the spiritual power of the guide may be damaged due to the rejection reaction.

What's more special is that both the sentinel and the guide will derive a kind of quantum beast from the spiritual power, and only the sentinel or the guide can be seen. These quantum beasts are considered to be high-dimensional products produced by the development of spiritual power, which can greatly assist the sentinel or guide in the application of spiritual power.

And what Bai Yue is replacing now is a guide. A young man with the same name and surname as him, and even looks almost the same.

This guide, also known as "Bai Yue", came from a very extraordinary background. He was the second son of the emperor of the "Morning Light Empire", and he was also a well-known genius pharmacist.

In this world, two special beings, sentinels and guides, are rare and have a unique place.

Especially sentinels. Because of the threat of the Zerg, powerful force is a necessary prerequisite for a stable regime, so they have an unshakable important position. The current royal family also gained power through the power of the founding emperor, a mighty sentinel. In comparison, although some guides can use spiritual attacks, most guides tend to have soft spiritual power and are regarded as auxiliary existences, but their status is still higher than that of ordinary people.