67

return
Make your face white with moonlight [Quick travel]
traditional
set up
turn off the lights
Big
middle
Small

Chapter 67

This world already has a relatively mature craft of firing pottery, but porcelain firing is still in the primitive porcelain stage. Tools are relatively backward-maybe because the orcs have a beast shape, and their claws are indestructible, which is much easier to use than tools. The development of various tools is slow, and they mainly use stone tools and wood tools.

--For example, plows for plowing fields are still made of bone plows and wooden plows, which are extremely inefficient.

It's good that the orcs are strong, but there are two females in Jiang Baiyue's family, and there are no orcs. It is too difficult to rely on pure physical strength in the primitive stage when most of this kind of food has not been domesticated. Jiang Baiyue watched Qing Fei go down to the field. He was so tired that he couldn't straighten up after finishing the work. His help didn't change much. If he wanted to really improve efficiency, he had to solve the problem technically.

Bai Yue wanted to get a simple curved shaft plow, and some tools like iron knives, but there was a problem-the metal smelting here was mainly copper-based, and there was no iron.

That must be inconvenient anyway, so iron smelting has become a top priority.

Fortunately, according to memory, a kind of "stone" near here is very similar to hematite. Jiang Baiyue went to see it, and sure enough, he picked up a basket and took it home.

He found a place with suitable soil quality, dug a hole about 30 cm deep in the ground, and put some loose plaster on the bottom of the hole. Then I just dug a basket of mud, found broken grass leaves and mixed it with the mud, mixed it evenly, and wiped it on the wall of the pit, and used the mud mixed with the broken grass leaves to circle around the pit. After that, I picked up dead branches and put them in the pit, leaving enough space for oxygen, and then lit the fire with flint.

He chopped some thin wooden sticks, put them on the top of the pit, filled it up, and then smeared plaster-like mud on it, smoothed it out, and then poked dozens of holes two fingers wide for ventilation, leaving a vent at the bottom. Use cattail fan to inflame the fire inside.

While the fire was burning, the yellow mud was smeared layer by layer, stacked high to form a nest-shaped kiln, and smashed and ground into small pieces and powdered hematite and charcoal were mixed together. Mix them well, put them in clay bowls and put them into the kiln together. In this way, the wind was blown slowly to smelt, and when the furnace temperature dissipated, finally a black iron lump was obtained.

--Unfortunately, what Bara made with so much effort is made of pig iron, which is very brittle and not easy to use.

The more Jiang Bai thought about it, he thought of the method of frying steel.

After working for such a long time, he was so tired that he didn't have the energy to build a tall shaft furnace by himself, so he wanted to borrow the kiln from the clan.

Fortunately, in today's era, the "miracle" of obtaining metal from "stone" such as smelting is the category of witches, and it belongs to Qing Fei.

Jiang Baiyue coquettishly and obediently asked Qing Fei to take him to the clan's smelting furnace.

As a result, when the two of them passed by, Jiang Baiyue picked up a big stone hammer and smashed down one side of the kiln with a bang. Qing Fei suddenly became anxious: "Are you dying? What's wrong with trying to do something? This stove is still used for copper smelting!"