Chapter 18

***

I don't know how Kayden got such a wound, but he still didn't wake up the next day.

It looked like an animal's claw marks, but was it as poisonous as the claws of the monster that attacked Enoch?

I sighed when I saw that the piece of cloth I was using as a towel was tattered.

I guess I'll have to rip my dress more. My dress was torn, revealing my bare legs up to half my calf.

At first, I wondered what I could do with a dress in this wild, but now I think that wearing a dress is a good thing.

I should find the hut soon. There must be modern clothing there, and I wanted to pick up some pants.

We decided to leave Kayden and scout the area around the cave again. It was to find the river. There is a valley nearby, but it is not easy to get food from the valley.

Of course, it would be nice to find clues about the bunker and hut in the meantime.

As far as I can remember, both the bunker and the hut were located at the foot of a huge mountain, close to a cliff.

The last time I went up to the top of the mountain, there were only three such huge mountains on this island.

If I look around the mountain I climbed with Enoch and still do not find a bunker or a hut, I have to find the area around the next two mountains.

"It's hot."

As I was walking in the grass with Enoch, I let out a sigh, wiping away my sweat in the sweltering heat.

"There is a place to wash up here. Let's be patient."

It was too hot for Enoch, too, so he loosened the cufflinks on his sleeves and folded it to reveal his forearms.

I looked at his thick forearms with strong veins and then met his eyes. As he rolled up his sleeves, his brows furrowed.

"Do you have anything to say?"

"No— ouch!"

I tried to answer that I had nothing to say, but I stumbled upon a stone beak. There was no strength in my body because of the heat.

Fortunately, Enoch wrapped his arm around my waist and prevented me from falling down.

In fact, after waking up on this island, I have overworked my body excessively so far. It's amazing that I didn't get sick. But now my immune system is weakened, maybe because of the heat.

I grabbed Enoch's strong forearm and took a deep breath. Enoch's forearm had many wounds. They must all be wounds from the battlefield.

"Margaret."

Enoch, who was walking before, called me. I looked up at him blankly. I kept thinking useless thoughts that did not fit the situation.

He stopped walking and looked back at me.

"Are you okay?"

"It's because it's hot."

Oh, I think I'm going to die.

As I was thinking, my view changed. It is because Enoch suddenly hugged me.

I didn't have the energy to say anything, so I just let my body be in Enoch's arms. I think I'm tired.

Fortunately, it wasn't long before I saw a waterfall flowing through the valley water. Enoch put me down when we reached the shore.

"I'll be standing guard over there, so enjoy your time as long as you want."