Chapter 80

"Huh?"

Kayden turned his back. Yuanna, who was walking behind him, looked at him with a puzzled face.

Even Diego, who was following behind Yuanna, stopped.

"What's wrong?"

Despite her question, Kayden scratched the back of his head and was busy looking around.

"I think someone is watching me......"

Kayden did not finish his words. It was because the two people who were looking at him blinked their eyes, not understanding what he was talking about.

In the end, Kayden turned his back again.

"Nevermind."

'Maybe I'm too sensitive,' he thought, and started walking again.

Half a day had passed since they left the cabin. Yuanna looked tired not long after leaving, but she tried not to show it.

'I have to quickly find a place to spend the night.'

While Kayden was thinking about that, Yuanna's voice came from behind.

"By the way, you are so unpredictable, Lord."

Without looking back, Kayden stepped forward with a dagger and chopped down a tree branch that was blocking the path ahead.

"When I saw you talking to Young Lady Floné, I thought you were a friendly person. Contrary to rumors, you talk a lot."

Kayden had always been surrounded by rumors and prejudice as much as Margaret.

If the mad girl of the Langridge Empire was Margaret, the madman was, of course, Kayden.

However, the difference between Margaret and Kayden was that Margaret was active in society while Kayden didn't even show his face to the public.

He occasionally appeared in a laboratory, led by wizards or priests. But when he did, he would crush the place to dust, which made people fear him.

Yuanna continued trying to talk to Kayden, who didn't respond.

"But you don't talk much today."

"Well, does it matter? Isn't Sir Diego far more contrary to the rumors than I am?"

Rather than being very talkative, Kayden basically didn't like hanging out with people.

But he couldn't avoid this situation since Margaret asked him to cooperate with these people now.

Yuanna's laughter was heard behind his back.

"Ah, that's right. Sir Diego loves cute things."

Diego protested in a low voice at her playful remarks."Please respect my taste."

Kayden somehow thought he wanted to tease him, but again, Yuanna didn't miss the timing and babbled.

"Oh, not just taste....., you are surprisingly a coward, aren't you?"

"No, that's a misunderstanding." Diego answered with a sullen face, Yuanna burst out laughing.

"What misunderstanding? Who shed chicken-poo tears[1], saying that rabbits are too cute to eat?"
[1] Crying with the head down so that the tears fall directly from the eyes to the ground (just like a chicken pooping) instead of running down the face.

Unable to respond to Yuanna's playful question, Diego bit his lip. It seems that he thought it would be better to keep his mouth shut.

Even Kayden thought this was a wise decision.