Chapter 138

Margaret looked at Kayden and pointed at the wooden post.

"Please seal it."

"Give me your hand."

As Enoch stepped back, Kayden took Margaret's hand and drew a magic circle in the air. A bluish light followed Kayden's fingers as he flicked them in the air.

In time, the completed magic circle manifested along the cliff edge. Immediately, the magic split into two, one penetrated the wooden post where they are, and the other penetrated the post on the other side.

"Let Lord Kayden cross first and then Margaret. No one should be left behind."

After everyone agreed with Enoch's words, they stood in front of the rope in turn.

"Be careful," said Margaret to Kayden, who was leaving first.

Kayden smiled leisurely and gave the answer "Don't worry," before finally leaving.

Fortunately, Kayden arrived safely on the other side.

"You two be careful," said Margaret, turning to Ruzef and Enoch with a worried face. Eunji, clinging to her body, looked at them with his tongue flicking out.

It was Margaret they were most worried about. But Margaret, unaware of their feelings, crossed over first while worrying about them.

Seeing her safe and sound on the other side, Enoch was relieved and eased his worries.

After Ruzef crossed safely, it was Enoch's turn. Just as he had just reached the middle–

-dududududu.

There was an ominous sound of something moving under the cliff. The inside of the cave shook.

"Enoch! Come quickly! Come on!"

Along with Margaret's urgent cry, he saw the appearance of a centipede-type monster climbing up the cliff. It was as gigantic as the bodies of two or three adult men put together.

The centipede leaped from the bottom of the cliff and cut the rope in half with its torso. Enoch firmly grasped the snapped rope.

"Enoch!!"

With Margaret's screams, Enoch fell down.

However, thanks to not letting go of the rope, he managed to save his life while hanging from the cliff.

He could see Margaret, Kayden, and Ruzef pulling the rope from the top of the cliff.

Then, something flashed beneath his feet.

At a glance, he could see a colorful flower field at the bottom of the dark cliff.

'......am I hallucinating?'

A man was lying in the middle of a flower field, and he looked a lot like Diego.

'I have to tell Margaret.'

"Enoch! Enoch!"

Only then did Enoch raise his head. Margaret, with teary eyes, called out to him desperately.

Climbing the cliff is not that difficult. But as he looked at Margaret's despairing face, a strange feeling of satisfaction swept through his body.

Seeing Margaret cry for him, he felt strangely good to the point where he felt sorry for her. I wish you would cry more for me.

Enoch was taken aback when he realized that there was such a disquieting and sadistic side in him. But in his head, the desire to make Margaret cry and keep her looking at him kept on rising.