Chapter 55

***

In fact, the most suspicious of those gathered in the hut was Margaret rather than the Saintess who had a key.

She knew how to use magic tools I had never seen before, and as a noble lady, she was too good at surviving in wild.

She was so different from the Margaret that Enoch knew. As if someone else had possessed her.

"Enoch, are you okay?"

At Margaret's call, Enoch quietly raised his head.

Her blue eyes, as bright as jewels, caught his eye. Margaret was looking at him with a face full of concern.

"You don't like duck meat."

Only his aide and chef know that he doesn't like duck meat.

When I stayed with Margaret in the cave, I forced myself to eat because there was nothing to eat, but I never made it obvious.

But how did Margaret.......

Was it because she had changed like a different person? While on the island, I sometimes forgot about it. That Margaret was a woman who was obsessed with me.

"There's really nothing you don't know about me."

"There's nothing I don't know about Your Highness."

Margaret responded skillfully.

Enoch held his chin as if he was in trouble and stared at her.

He didn't know at all what was on her mind.

She knows everything about him and takes good care of him, it seems that it's because the feelings she had in the past remain, but sometimes it seems that she will leave him anytime without regret.

So she really confused him.

Enoch pondered for a moment, and then he said, "Margaret, you have me confused."

"......yes?"

At Enoch's words, Margaret's expression changed strangely.

It was an expression of disbelief at what she just heard. Maybe she was a little perplexed.

"It's really surprising. Your Highness said such a thing, it seems the fever hasn't gone down yet."

Then, belatedly, Enoch remembered the words she had said.

Maybe Margaret still doesn't believe he cares about her?

If so, he could understand why she hides her feelings like this without clearly expressing them.

"I wonder if your heart is the same as it was in the past."

So he deliberately brought up such a straight-forward question.

At that moment, Kayden appeared, picking his ear.

"I think I just heard the crown prince's bullshit?"

"It's not bullshit. There is no one who does not know the passionate unrequited love of Young Lady Floné towards His Highness Enoch."

Ruzef spoke to me as if he was grumbling. Kayden nodded his head.

"Oh, it was like that in the past."

Kayden's reaction was quite annoying. Concluding that 'it was like that in the past' seemed to emphasize that Margaret is not like that now.

Enoch felt an unsatisfactory unfamiliar feeling towards Kayden, who interfered with him in everything.

'You don't even know Margaret.'