Chapter 94

I sighed, dried my wet things on the gravel, and looked at my notebook. The notebook was soaked with water, so all the notes were smudged.

"Damn it! Nothing works!"

Fortunately, the cloth with the bunker map was safe. Did someone waterproof it? I don't know if it's modern technology or magic technology, but it's good that it's fine even when it gets wet.

"I have to move first."

I took a deep breath and slowly rose from my seat. Maybe it's a wound on the side, not in the lower abdomen, so I think I can move if I'm careful.

I looked around. On the other side of the huge river I must have fallen into, there's a dense forest.

Of course, the other people are nowhere to be seen. In addition, there was the bigger problem of not even knowing if I was on the North Island or the South Island.

I stood blankly on the gravel and sniffed. I want to cry.

"Could I be dead?"

Maybe I'm already dead and become a ghost wandering[1] this island. The wandering ghosts do not recognize that they are dead. So, they constantly wander around the same place over and over again.
[1] The original word is Jibakryeong (지박령) which means a dead soul or a wandering ghost in a specific place that is bound to that place and stays there and causes many things to happen.

"No way. I couldn't be. First of all, I can still feel the pain in my stomach."

Having experienced too many things that did not seem real, I felt that my imagination was rather enriched and my thinking and judgment were dulled.

"Maybe I'm just crazy."

I just stared blankly at the river flowing. Because my head was so dizzy.

What happened to the others? Especially Enoch.

'Enoch can't live without me.'

Then I suddenly remembered that Enoch had been left behind on the South Island with Arthdal ​​and Yuanna.

If Yuanna is with Enoch...... it might be okay. In the original story, Yuanna relieves Enoch's seizure with her love.

Thinking about it made my heart throb in pain. It doesn't feel good to imagine the two of them together.

'I'm worried about Kayden too.'

Will everyone be safe?

Why is this happening to me? Feelings of misery and despair swept through me like a bursting dam.

'I'm tired.'

I held back the tears that were about to burst out.

If there is a God, what the hell does he want from me? Why are you doing this to me?

'I've been living really hard.'

And even now, I'm still struggling to survive.

Tears welled up in my eyes. I tried to hold them back by pressing my eyelids with the back of my hand.

"Oh...... I thought you were dead."

Then, a voice was heard from somewhere.

Startled, I turned my head and saw a young boy who looked like an elementary school student standing on a hill looking at me with a bunch of coconuts in his arms.

I stared at the boy for a very long time. Am I hallucinating?

"Are you a human?"

I was so surprised that I asked an absurd question to the boy.