Chapter 78

"It smells good."

Ruzef returned with a fresh expression on his face.

"What is that?"

I looked at the bright red flowers in his hand and was puzzled.

Then, Ruzef showed me a bouquet of flowers in his hand and walked over.

"Oh, isn't it pretty? It was right in front of the cabin, but I didn't know until now since the flowers just bloomed."

The bright red petals are wide and have few wrinkles. I think it looks a bit like a poppy.

"I want to present it to you, Lady."

Ruzef presented me with a bouquet of flowers.

"It's my first time receiving a flower gift." I received it with a puzzled face and soon frowned. "I appreciate your sincerity, but what if this is a poisonous weed......"

Wait, poisonous weed?

There is similar content in the original work. It was a poisonous weed called 'Tentathionem' that attracted the male leads towards Yuanna.

In the original work, the whole incident began when Ruzef picked up those flowers near the cabin and presented them to Yuanna.

This is because high-level events and such things began when they were dazzled by the poison of this flower.

I was so shocked that I dropped the flowers on the floor.

It is dark under the oil lamp[1]. This flower was growing right in front of the cabin.
[1] Korean proverb: Sometimes the answers or the things we're looking for are right under our noses, they are so near but we overlook them and don't realize they're there.

read only at guavaread.com for faster updates

I thought I would be able to survive in the cabin if only the monster corpses were dealt with. It was clear that the cabin was no longer safe.

'Yeah, it's been ominous since an evolved spider monster appeared on the second floor.'

I think we should prepare to leave the cabin immediately when the excursion members return.

With that in mind, I looked down at the fallen flowers, and when I looked up, I saw Ruzef put on a hurt expression.

Flustered, I quickly came up with an excuse.

"My hand slipped, I'm sorry. But I think this flower is poisonous......"

"It's okay. I understand how you feel."

Ruzef frowned with a troubled look and rubbed his face with his hands.

The problem was that he had yellow pollen on his hands.

I stared blankly at the yellow pollen left on his face.

Damn, according to the original work, Yuanna should have received this flower, but why did I.....! Of course, the original and the contents have already changed, but why am I.....!

"Lady, I think the meat is burning"

Arthdal, who doesn't seem interested in anything but food, asked me to come and see because the meat is burning.

"I don't think that's important right now."

"Why isn't this important? The meat is burning."

Why are you so obsessed with meat? I turned and glared at him in annoyance.

"Then why don't you take the skewers out of the fire yourself?"

"Why me? You can......"

Arthdal could not finish his words.