Chapter 96

He nodded slowly like a Sloth at my question.

"Yes."

"Don't call me Noona then."

"......why?"

"Why did you lie that you are twelve? Are you a scammer? Do you want to be arrested for fraud, sir? No, should I call you grandfather? Or ancestor?"

Jenas' face looking at me was bizarrely distorted. It was the first expression I had seen since I met him.

"You look older than me, Noona."

"Shut up, grandfather."

Jenas puffed out his cheeks with a dissatisfied face at my words. He pretends to be cute even though he is a thousand years old, but he really is. Damn. I guess it's because he has the appearance of a handsome boy.

"I don't like it."

"Then how should I address you?"

"......Jenas? Jenny?"

"I dare not call my ancestor who has lived for a thousand years by name. By the way, did you just call yourself Jenny?"

"......"

"Then what about Grandpa Jenny? You asked me to call you Jenny."

"Noona, I don't like it."

Jenas said eerily with an expressionless face. I suddenly thought, could he possibly kill me on an island where even magic can't be used?

"Just kidding. I'll call you Jenny."

No wonder he's calm like an old man. It's because he has lived for a thousand years.

'A thousand years......'

Actually, what Jenas said didn't sound like the truth. I don't know if I can believe him.

Could he be mistaken? He probably woke up on this island before us, and after a long time had passed, he lost his sense of time.

Even after speculating about this and that, despair came over me again.

"Can we leave this island?" I muttered.

"......idiot." Jenas sighed and scoffed at me.

"Can you stop calling me an idiot?"

"We can't."

"What?"

I asked back because I didn't think I heard it right.

"We can't leave this island," Jenas replied again, affirming.

With the appearance of a little boy, he sighed tiredly like an old man who was at the end of his life. Well, he is indeed an old man.

"Because I've been on this island for a thousand years. You said it yourself, you idiot Noona."

"Don't call me Noona. I am a thousand years younger than you."

"Then......"

Jenas looked at me with a disapproving face and then made a troubled face.

"I'll call you Meg."

Even Enoch hasn't called me Meg yet......

"Just call me Margaret."

"Meg."

"Huh, whatever. Why am I doing something this childish with a thousand-year-old grandfather? By the way, the sun is setting, shall we move fast? Let's go to the cabin to talk about the details."

Indeed, the sky was dyed with a deep red light.

I'll ask Jenas at the cabin what he's learned on this island for a thousand years, what he's been doing all this time, and what happened to his group.