Chapter 148

As my mind wandered to that point, I became very worried about Kayden.

I turned to Kayden before heading to the back of the cabin with Yuanna and said, "Be careful, don't get hurt."

Kayden tilted his head slightly and looked down at me. "Wish me luck, then I think I'll be okay."

"I'll be praying."

"Nothing like that."

He lowered his head and lifted my hair, kissing the ends.

I flinched reflexively, surprised. Because I thought he was going to kiss me on the cheek.

He smiled, recognizing the meaning of my expression. His dimple formed so beautifully.

"Last thing I want to be remembered for is being a polite man."

"Margaret, we have to go."

After Kayden's words, Yuanna called out to me. I nodded and waved to Kayden.

Arthdal added, "Please, be careful."

Both Yuanna and I smiled and nodded at the sweet words.

"Margaret."

"Margaret."

Enoch and Kayden called out my name at the same time, then glared at each other.

"Be careful."

"Be careful."

They said the same thing at the same time and glared at each other again.

Yuanna looked at the two men with a fed-up expression on her face and pulled my hand.

"Let's go."

I waved at the two men as I was pulled by Yuanna's hand.

"You two be careful too."

The two men, who had been glaring at Yuanna with grim faces, looked at me and nodded, their faces beaming. The striking change was hilarious, and I chuckled before turning around.

"It's too bad I didn't get to know Margaret sooner," Yuanna grumbled while hiding in the bushes.

"Yes?"

"You know, I've always wanted to get to know you too, but in the end, those creepy people beat me to it."

Yuanna stuck out her lower lip. "I don't have any friends."

"I'm honored that you think of me as a friend."

She smiled prettily at my answer. That sunny smile made her look like an innocent girl.

Smiles are contagious. So are good vibes.

I found myself smiling along with her, forgetting that our lives were on the line.

***

Jenas, who had been sitting in front of Anata, stood up.

"Looks like everyone's here."

Anata, still tied to the chair, narrowed her eyes at him. "How do you know that? You said the monster population is down and there are no eyes to borrow."

"That's not it, I feel the mana. Right in front of the cabin."

Anata bit her lower lip hard. Unsettled, she had no idea what he was planning.

"This is the last experiment, and I can't mess it up, so I have to intervene directly."

Even Jenas couldn't contain his excitement at the thought of this millennia-long experiment almost succeeding.