Chapter 115

I didn't mean anything, I just said it because I'd never really said anything like that.

Oh, did he misunderstand that I wouldn't let him watch over me?

Diego bit his lip and lowered his head.

"Even if you don't like it, I'll stand on the night watch."

"Then do it with me," said Enoch who had his sword strapped to his waist and his arms crossed.

Then Diego, who rubbed his haggard face once, calmly followed Enoch out of the cave.

"Let's sleep."

Kayden took my hand. Ruzef, who was watching the situation with a bewildered face, stood up.

"What's with the situation?"

"You don't have to know, just stay in front of the cave."

"Do you think I'm a house guard dog?!"

"Yes."

As Kayden answered without hesitation, Ruzef held back his anger again and glared at him with a red face. But Kayden just shrugged his shoulders, picking his ears.

"I know you're grateful that I saved you."

At those words, Ruzef suddenly bowed his head to me.

"Oh, it's a bit late but, thank you, Young Lady Floné. Thank you for saving me."

"Aren't you going to thank me? Thanks to the barrier I made, you are alive."

"Barrier or whatever, you wouldn't even think of saving me if it weren't for Young Lady Floné, would you?"

Kayden and Ruzef started arguing again. I was very tired, so I went into the cave and lay down.

Kayden and Ruzef, who were quietly watching me, approached me.

"Margaret, are you tired?"

"Are you okay?"

"I'm tired, but it's harder because you two are so noisy."

At my words, the two kept their mouths shut and nodded.

Kayden came into the cave slowly and lay down beside me, then Ruzef calmly sat down at the entrance of the cave.

"Margaret, do you want a hug?"

"Don't play tricks on Young Lady. When His Highness arrives, I will report you to him." Ruzef at the cave entrance turned to us when he heard Kayden's words.

Kayden, who was stretching his arm toward me, glanced at him. "Report? What do you mean? Is the Crown Prince your boss?"

I sighed. "......shall I just leave?"

The two men quickly keep their mouths shut.

Only then was I able to close my eyes quietly.

Still, I'm glad I met Ruzef safely.

21. The Poison Gas

The reason why I suddenly opened my eyes was a huge roar that rang through the sky.

I opened my eyes in shock as the ground trembled violently.

"What's going on?"

Kayden jumped up, probably thinking the same thing. Stunned, I rubbed my face and looked around.

The entrance to the cave was covered by large leaves, and visibility was dim as it was still midnight.

Ruzef at the entrance was also looking around frantically with his eyes not yet fully opened.