Chapter 101

***

The battle with the monsters that began in broad daylight showed no signs of ending until sunset.

Cornered by the monsters, Enoch and Kayden's backs faced the river, and had nowhere to retreat. Due to injuries here and there, their fighting spirit was slowly being broken.

Kayden glanced at Enoch covered in blood, and bit his lower lip anxiously.

"Are you okay, Your Highness?"

Enoch immediately understood what Kayden meant by asking such a question. It was a question filled with concerns that he might show signs of having a seizure and go on a rampage.

"It's okay."

Enoch answered, roughly wiping the blood stains from his chin with the back of his hand.

"I can control it."

I can. No, to be exact, I have to.

It is an urgent situation where it is not even confirmed whether Margaret is alive or dead.

Besides, what happened after the last time he intentionally went on a rampage to wipe out the monsters? Didn't she almost get hurt? So he couldn't lose his reason until he confirmed that Margaret was safe.

I have to overcome this. Nothing can be solved by letting go of my mind.

He tightened his grip on his sword. In the aftermath, his veins could be seen on the back of his trembling hand.

The monsters surrounding them had strange appearances that they had never seen before. The level is different from the monsters in the South Island.

One of them cut through the pack and ran at them fast. It's a strange monster in the form of a fish with legs.

-kraak!

It lunged at Kayden, opening its huge mouth.

Looking at the sharp and dense teeth, Kayden turned half a turn and handed over the right to attack to Enoch. Enoch immediately thrust his sword straight up from under the fish's snout.

Starting with the attack of the fish monster, the monsters that had been just watching rushed at them again.

-roar!

-kraak!

The sun set and the dark night came, but the battle showed no sign of ending because monsters kept flocking to surround them.

"Damn it, we are outnumbered, why don't we just run away?"

Kayden gasped for breath.

Enoch, covered in his blood and aiming his sword at the monsters, let out a weary breath. Then he calmly scanned the monsters and frowned.

"I'd love to."

But the number of monsters surrounding them was quite a lot. It's difficult to find a gap to escape. Things continued to not go the way they hoped.

At that moment, Enoch couldn't help but ponder. If I go on like this, I might really die without even finding Margaret.

"Damn it! I can't see a way out," shouted Kayden in a very irritating voice.

Enoch looked at Kayden after easily slashing the monster that was charging at him with a terrifyingly expressionless face once again.

Then, in an instant, things became quiet.

At that moment, Enoch went straight into a seizure state.

"Fuxk! I think it's better to target only one side and break through— Your Highness?!"