Chapter 37

He had a slightly lethargic look, maybe because he still had a fever.

I don't know if it's because of his intense eyes or because of his aura that overwhelms me, but I couldn't even think of pushing him away.

"There's no way you're Margaret."

That's what he said as soon as he woke up.

His determination that I wasn't Margaret made me avoid his gaze.

"What do you mean, if I'm not Margaret, who am I?"

"I don't know that either. But whoever you are, please remain as you are now."

'Do you want me to stay the way I am now......?'

Judging from his expression, it seemed like Kayden didn't know anything. But somehow, it was certain that those words gave me great comfort.

"When you ran in to kill those monsters, I thought I was going crazy."

Kayden clenched his teeth.

"No matter how much I think about it, I don't think it was because I couldn't control my emotions."

He tilted his head calmly.

I stared blankly at his lips then at his sharp jawline.

"If I'm really interested in you, what are you going to do, Margaret?"

As he whispered, my mind went blank. I couldn't say anything and just held my breath.

I blocked Kayden's approaching mouth that seemed to be kissing me, with my hand.

Kayden opened his eyes wide as if surprised for a moment, then smiled softly and left a tickling kiss on the palm of my hand.

"Huh? Margaret, answer me."

He grabbed my wrist and pressed his lips to my palm. My fingers twitched as I felt his breath tickle on the palm of my hand.

I let go of my hand from his, and he surprisingly didn't hold me back.

"What do you mean? What kind of answer do you want to an ambiguous question like that?"

I rubbed my wrist, tilted my head slightly, and asked him.

"You still have doubts about me."

Kayden bit his lip as if he was stunned at my question.

"For now, let's just think about surviving on this island."

Whether his interest in the female lead is directed towards me or not, the important thing is, will it be the same after escaping this remote island?

Kayden Blake Rohde.

Although he is not using much power on this remote island right now, he was one of the greatest wizards on the continent and was the Lord of Tower.

Would such a great man say that he loves Margaret, whom he hates so much, even after escaping this island?

There is something called the Misattribution of Arousal.

Your heart doesn't beat because of love, but because your heart beats, you mistake it for love.

People often experience this kind of phenomenon while traveling, but they experience a similar phenomenon even if they go through hardship together in an extreme environment like we are now.

In addition, Kayden has not yet met the female lead, Yuanna.

"But......"

"What are you doing now?"