Chapter 69

"Do you think Margaret is missing, Archbishop?"

"I do not know. If not......"

If not, she might die. Ruzef looked at the giant tarantula, unable to continue his words.

Ruzef couldn't hide his confusion either. He didn't even want to think about the latter assumption.

Margaret is dead. That is impossible.

"Aren't those footprints?"

Ruzef noticed something at the edge of the cliff and got closer.

It was dark, so he couldn't tell them well, but at first glance, they looked like human footprints.

"Looking at the size, I think it's Young Lady Floné's."

There are small footprints and larger footprints. Maybe the other one belongs to Kayden.

He stared at the footsteps. Ruzef did not understand this terrible situation– no, to be precise, he did not want to. He had a bad feeling.

"......it seems they have been fighting monsters."

There are footprints in the direction of the dead tarantula and there are signs of very violent movement.

As he followed the movement of the footsteps, Ruzef saw the last footsteps ending at the edge of the cliff.

It did not appear to have moved voluntarily. It just ended there, without a trace of going forward or sideways, as if it had been hit by something and thrown down.

"Look at this, Your Highness. This is......"

Ruzef hurriedly crouched down on the edge of the cliff and looked down.

It was quite high. If he had been hit by something and thrown down, he would have died instantly. Enoch stood next to Ruzef, folded his arms, and looked quietly at the bottom of the cliff.

rustling.

There was the sound of something moving from the bushes. Not sure if it was the sound of the wind or a monster.

Ruzef looked at Enoch with goosebumps for a moment.

"Your Highness, we better go back. It's dangerous to stay here."

But Enoch did not move. Ruzef wondered if he had ever listened to him.

Enoch was still standing on the edge of the cliff. Ruzef approached him, but he didn't have the slightest bit of anxiety on his face.

Ruzef had no intention of staying in this place with the corpse of monsters for one more moment, but he did not have the confidence to go back alone.

Eventually, he stood quietly next to Enoch.

***

Margaret disappeared.

Whether she left on her own accord or had an accident, both were enough to drive him crazy.

His stomach boils.

Unbeknownst to him, hot emotions flowed down like lava in his heart, uncontrollably.

His hand trembled slightly as he grabbed Margaret's bag strap.

The helplessness that engulfed him made it difficult for him to breathe.

Beside him, Ruzef spoke to him, but he couldn't hear what he was saying.

Behind the lush bushes over the mighty river, a large ridgeline could be seen. The night sky, seen from above the mountaintop, was full of stars.