Chapter 99

Making up my mind, I slowly stepped down the stairs.

The stairs are not deep; I reached a door after taking only a few steps. It seems that you can reach the basement only if you open this door.

Light streamed in through the crack of the open door behind me, allowing me to read the sign on the basement door.

"Door?"

Of course it's a door. Isn't it usually written like basement or warehouse?

Feeling puzzled, I quietly turned the doorknob.

-click, click.

As expected, the door does not open. Should I ask Jenas? He probably won't tell me anything, but I'll give it a try when he gets home.

I climbed the stairs quietly. Just in case Jenas would return sooner than expected, I looked around, checked out the window once, and went up to the second floor.

The second floor still smelled awful. I covered my nose and slowly walked down the hallway on the second floor nervously.

I can see the stairs leading to the third floor at the end of the second floor.

Even though at this time the morning sun was shining brightly, the hallway on the second floor with two small windows was exceptionally dark.

As I checked yesterday, all the doors were open, and there was nothing special.

I finally started going up the stairs, and once I got to the third floor, I found a strange door next to the staircase.

"What is this?"

A strong stench came from there.

I pondered for a while. Is it really right to open this door? Regardless of right or wrong, I was literally scared.

'I hate horror.'

I swallowed dry saliva and roughly wiped the sweat from my palms onto my clothes. Then, very nervously, I slowly turned the doorknob.

-click, click.

The door is firmly locked. I don't know why I'm so relieved.

I sighed and stepped back and found a sign on the door. It was full of dust, so I roughly brushed it off with my hand.

Sealed

There are such words written on the door.

"Break room? Sealed?"

It's very suspicious.

"Why are there so many suspicious things here?"

I got chills for nothing, so I quickly turned around and looked around the third floor.

Fortunately, the third floor was much brighter than the second. There were many big windows in the hallway, so the sunlight was pouring in.

However, the brightness of the hallway did not reduce the eerie atmosphere. Somehow, the third floor felt colder than the second.

How can you feel cold in this tropical climate? That too when the sun rises.

For some reason, I felt goosebumps that made my hair stand on end.

I calmly scanned the hallway. The third floor, like the second, is full of rubbish on the floor and is very messy.

"Damn it, all the doors are closed here."

I took a few deep breaths. It took a lot of courage to open a closed door because I had no idea what was waiting for me inside.

There are a total of four doors.