Chapter 54

I looked at Archbishop Ruzef with a confused look at his treatment of me.

I can't stand Archbishop Ruzef's humiliation for treating me like his youngest sister.

"The cheekydal, no, I don't care what the Crown Prince says. So you don't have to worry that I might get hurt."

As I shrugged my shoulders, Kayden stroked my head as if he was proud. No, why is everyone like this?

I put the stone knife I was holding onto the table.

"Don't worry. If he bothers you again, I'll swear at him......!"

Kayden looked around and calmly picked up the stone knife on the table and put it back in my hand.

"Margaret has changed really aggressively."

Ruzef nodded his head excitedly at Kayden's muttering.

"Well, isn't the Crown Prince divorced because he has such a temper?"

Kayden clicked his tongue.

"That's rude, Kayden. And isn't 'divorce' an overly sensitive word? Don't you know what happened to his ex-wife?"

At my words, Kayden only blinked, not understanding what I was saying.

"......I don't know, what happened?"

"......you don't know?"

She was sentenced to death for being accused of trying to kill Crown Prince Arthdal.

Arthdal had an arranged marriage without love, as was the case for royal families and nobles in general. But the former crown princess married him to kill him. It turns out that she was the lover of Arthdal's half-brother.

Arthdal ​​had married her without knowing anything.

"It was such shocking news that it made headlines in the Langridge Empire."

Ruzef sighed and muttered. Then, Kayden looked at the two of us in turn.

"What? Am I the only one who doesn't know?!"

After hibernation, he said that he was locked up in the laboratory for several years.

"It's better not to know."

I nodded my head in agreement at Ruzef's words.

Come to think of it, Ruzef was not married because he was a priest, and Kayden was not married because he had gone through many hardships since childhood. But maybe he will marry in the future considering he is the second son of Marquis Rohde and also an archwizard.

"Except for the Crown Prince, none of us are married."

"That's right. But I feel a little sorry for Crown Prince Enoch. He has been on the battlefield all this time, but now he is stuck on this island not long after he became crown prince."

"I know."

I answered Kayden with mixed feelings.

Enoch became a military commander at a young age and spent five years on the battlefield.

Moreover, it took him another two years to ascend to the crown prince's throne after he defeated all his brothers.

He worked so hard that he became the crown prince, but now he is stuck on an island without a chance to enjoy that position.

Even though all three men have passed their ideal age for marriage, there is a reason why they don't have any women. Isn't it perfect for the male lead specification in a novel?