Chapter 160

The knights stared at me in disbelief, their barracks in shambles. They were the men I had saved earlier.

Kayden was oblivious to all of this, continuing to examine my body for wounds. Heisen had clearly lied when he said Kayden was in bad shape.

"What's going on?"

A heavy, bass voice rang out from among the armed knights pointing their swords at me, and in unison, they sheathed their swords and made way.

Like a miracle of Moses, a man with black hair and an aristocratic military uniform walked slowly towards me.

He walked with a steady pace, his face impassive as he scanned the crowd. There was a breathless silence. The man in front of me, who instantly overwhelmed the armed knights in an instant and made them nervous, was somewhat unfamiliar.

"Lower your swords."

At the man's deadly voice, the knights stomped their feet and lowered their swords in a respectful gesture.

"Your Highness the Crown Prince."

At my call, he turned to look at me. The knights standing behind Enoch's back turned to look at me as well, their faces white and grim.

Most of them, I suspect, were expecting a quick reaction and rebuke from Enoch. My thoughts were not much different from theirs.

In the past, Enoch would have hated me, Margaret, for even calling him, so the knights' reaction was understandable.

But Enoch stood before me, bowed at the waist, raised his hand, cupped my cheek, and examined my face.

"Call me Enoch, as usual. Are you hurt?"

I stared at him, my eyes wide. Enoch's words were actually hard to focus on, as I felt the intense stares of the knights behind him.

I broke out in a cold sweat.

"Don't worry about Margaret, I'll take care of her." Kayden pulled me away from Enoch and stepped in front of me.

Kayden glared at Enoch. "You really should do something about the Imperial military. They have no military discipline, relying on help from a civilian passing by."

Kayden clicked his tongue and gestured to the knights whose lives had been saved by me.

I wondered if I, riding an anaconda and shooting flares, was the kind of person who would be pushed around by knights, but let's put that aside for now.

Enoch's gaze slowly shifted to the knights who stood watching in the corner.

Among them were Noel and Heisen.

"I want an explanation."

I could see the knights stuttering in confusion at Enoch's questioning.

Noel, the one in front of them, stammered, almost sobbing. "I- it's not that......"

Heisen, whose appearance was more disheveled, answered, "While we were resting, a group of sea crocodiles attacked, and that's when Young Lady Floné appeared and killed them."

Noel nodded vigorously in agreement. "Yes, that's right! I think there were about a dozen of them, and the young lady shot them all to death with her magic tool along with her divine beast."

No sooner had Noel finished speaking than murmurs rang out. The knights who stood behind Enoch's back could not hide their bewilderment.

"All of them?"

"There was also the Lord of the Magic Tower. Does that make sense?"

"Considering the power of that magic tool the young lady used earlier, isn't it possible?"