Chapter 64

I came to my senses and looked around, and changed the subject.

"Are we on our way back to the hut?"

Kayden, who was looking at me, ruffled his hair as if in trouble and sighed.

"Yes. But I don't know where this is. I move based on the location of the cliff, but......"

"How long have I been asleep?"

"When I woke up, it was midday. I didn't wake you up because you were sleeping too deeply."

At Kayden's words, I struggled to forget what had happened a while ago.

Then I walked again with him.

"It'll be easier to find out our location if I have my bag."

"What do you mean?"

"I drew a map of the island. It was in the bag I used to carry."

I won't be able to find it anyway, so what's the point of saying it? There were grenades left in the hut, but my flare gun was wasted. What should I do?

"I wish I have my flare gun too. If I shoot it in the sky, someone in the hut might see it."

I mumbled and sighed, wondering what I should do.

The cliff presumed to be the place we fell from was the largest and highest compared to the surrounding cliffs, so it was visible from a distance.

I crouched down and drew on the ground with my index finger.

"Kayden, think about it. Assuming that the distance from here to that cliff is five kilometers......"

Kayden crouched down with me and watched my calculations on the ground.

"What is a kilometer?"

'Damn it, the calculation method is different.'

I diligently rummaged through Margaret's memory, but Margaret was not at all interested in mathematics.

I sighed and continued to explain, "Let's calculate the distance and time from here to there. If that cliff is not the cliff we fell from, and if we are on the other side of the river, then we have to go back to the starting location."

"You're trying to figure out the efficiency. I got it. I've been thinking about it. I walked about three thousand steps from the river to here. Looking at the tilt of the sun, I think it took about thirty minutes."

I watched him calculate time and distance using methods from another world.

"I need to calculate the time again considering the angle of the cliff."

Kayden eagerly began calculating the time with his finger on the ground.

"If that cliff is not the one we fell from, it will take at least two days or more to get back to the hut."

"Let's say it's the cliff we fell from. Then it will take a day to get back to the hut, right? Then, first of all, it's better to get a day's worth of food."

He nodded at my words, cleaned his hands, and stood up.

"Now, we have to find a place to sleep first."

Kayden said to me as he watched the sun begin to set. I followed his gaze and looked up at the sky.

"Enoch must be worried."

I've had this happen before. When I was gone, Enoch had been looking for me all night.

This time will certainly be no different.