Chapter 66

"Well, it's still a baby, so let's leave it alone. In the first place, it is better to let the baby of any living thing go."

Kayden shook his head, saying it was very strange to see me like that.

"Shall we go now?"

I pulled the hem of Kayden's robe.

"Hey, earthworm. Don't follow me anymore."

I glare at the earthworm-like baby snake.

Kayden lowered his head slowly and looked at my hand holding the hem of his robe.

"Margaret."

At the low voice calling my name, I raised my head. Kayden suddenly pulled my shoulders and hugged me tightly.

"I'm going crazy."

What......?

growl.

Suddenly, my hungry stomach announced meal time loudly.

Naturally, I remembered that I had thrown a fish trap into the valley last night.

"Shall we check out the fish trap?"

Looking at the baby snake wriggling while looking at me, I pulled the hem of Kayden's robe. Kayden grabbed my hand and smiled.

"Okay, let's go."

Trembling in fear that the baby snake would chase after me, I headed to the valley with Kayden.

Fortunately, there was plenty of fish caught in the fish trap.

We took a seat near the valley and made a bonfire. Then, after trimming the fish, they are skewered on thin branches and grilled.

Smoke rose with a savory scent. As I watched the fish skin sizzle, I picked up the ripe fish and ripped out the plump meat. The tender meat melted in my mouth.

Hah. It was hot, so I opened my mouth a little and looked up. After a while, I chewed on the soft meat and swallowed it.

"I think I will live."

Kayden smiled at my words.

Today, I caught a lot of fish, so I was the happiest to be able to eat as much as I could.

For a month, our staple food was fish, but even this has always been insufficient, so we are in a desperate situation.

Ruzef, who has a picky taste, seems to be nauseous when he sees fish these days, but Enoch and Kayden ate well, so let's leave that out of the discussion.

After eating, we walked back to the hut. As I was walking through the bushes with Kayden, I suddenly wondered.

It feels like I'm climbing a steep mountain. Why is the slope so steep?

"Is this the right direction?"

"When I calculated the angle earlier, it was definitely in this direction. First of all, if you go up the cliff, it will be easier to look around."

I nodded in agreement with Kayden's words. I'm sure it'll be easy to get back to the hut if we go up the cliff.

'My bag might have fallen on the cliff.'

I walked through the bushes with Kayden with such little hope.

And, sadly, a crossroads appeared before us.

"Which way should we go?"

At my question, Kayden stood in front of the crossroads, resting his chin on his hand, and pondered for a long time.