Chapter 67

That's right. I was just wondering, too. Why do you treat me like your owner?

"Is it because I was in front of it when it hatched?"

"That's possible. But it has been following you before hatching."

At Kayden's words, I nodded.

I thought it was the first time I had found the silver earthworm near the hut, but maybe it had followed me before. Maybe it was too small to see before that.

"Then isn't that what the baby snake is supposed to do? You killed all the anacondas."

Kayden continued to speak as he looked around with a tense expression to see if there was an attack from a monster.

"Wasn't it imprinted at the time?"

What do you mean by imprinted? It's not even a werewolf.

"I learned this when I was researching magic science, there are cases where monsters who have lost their mother find souls with strong mana and imprinted them. In that case, they follow that race like their owner."

"That's very unusual."

"Yes, it's very rare."

I looked down at the silver earthworm, which was slithering along with our steps.

Maybe feeling my gaze, the silver earthworm flinched and glanced at me. It can't even look me in the eye.

'Isn't it too timid to be an anaconda?'

Fortunately, we didn't run into any monsters along the way and were able to reach the top of the cliff before the sun went down.

The place where the silver earthworm guided us was exactly on the cliff where Kayden and I fell. The rotting corpse of a giant tarantula was proof of that.

The smell that stung my nose was so terrifying that I held my breath for a moment.

Come to think of it, it hadn't hatched at that time, but it clearly knew the location of this place.

'Did you know we were looking for this cliff and help us? How?'

Can you understand people even if you can't speak? It might be possible if it really is a monster.

Anyway, it's been trying to be helpful to us and is actually been pretty useful.

"We're in the right place."

Kayden looked down at the silver earthworm with a surprised face at my murmuring.

"Hey, that earthworm is smarter than I thought?"

At Kayden's words, the silver earthworm jumped up as if protesting. Looks like it doesn't like being called an 'earthworm.'

I'm sorry, kid. I am also calling you a silver earthworm.

I looked carefully around the cliff. I wondered if my bag might have fallen here, but it was nowhere to be seen.

"What are you looking for?"

"My bag."

Kayden followed me and also looked around. It was then.

hiss-

I heard a creepy sound, and as I looked down, I found the silver earthworm spinning around my feet.

The silver earthworm slithering on the ground lifted its head and flicked its tongue out.

Then it slithered forward little by little and looked back at me.

"I think it is asking you to follow it."

I'm Stuck on a Remote Island With the Male LeadsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara