Chapter 98

"Aren't you laughing too loud?"

"Sorry."

Jenas apologized to me, wiping away his tears. At least he has manners.

"But there is nothing to eat in the cabin."

"It seems so. You said you can live without eating."

"Yes. I'll save you tomorrow."

"You will save me?"

Jenas nodded. "Yes. With fish."

Then he tilted his head in wonder. He looked so lovely, but I came to my senses once again recalling his age.

"Don't you like fish?" he asked.

I was sure when I heard it. That Jenas had been watching me all along.

"It's too late now, so go to bed first."

Jenas approached me with a very harmless face and patted me on the shoulder.

"I'll get you something to eat tomorrow."

It was an expressionless face, but it was quite friendly. For some reason, he seemed very interested in me.

'It's difficult to deal with a child like him.'

In the end, I decided to get fish for breakfast tomorrow and then go to sleep first.

Of course, I'm not going to sleep at all. I opened my eyes and struggled against drowsiness. I'm not stupid enough to fall asleep with a suspicious person.

So this is how Enoch felt when he first met me; he stayed up all night on high alert and watched me sleep.

Jenas, who lay on the hammock, was sleeping soundly like an angel. He looks really handsome and cute. I quietly looked up at Jenas' face and then looked out the window. Dawn is breaking.

I rubbed my tired eyelids and let out a small yawn.

'I'm so tired.'

I have to leave soon and find everyone. I want to tell them this news quickly and have a meeting together.

I think it's better to be with my group than alone.

***

Margaret fell into the river.

At the same time, Kayden on the North Island and Enoch on the South Island jumped into the river.

Arthdal shouted at Enoch, "Hey!! Ban– Enoch!!"

Then, Ruzef's desperate shout on the North Island was also heard. "Lord!! Where are you!"

Unfortunately, the two men disappeared into the water with Margaret.

"Crazy. Everyone is crazy."

Arthdal rubbed his face in disbelief. The river is wide and the current is very swift, as if the water was artificially made to flow fast.

Ruzef and Diego sat stunned on the North Island and looked at the place where they disappeared, while Arthdal and Yuanna stood on the South Island and stared blankly at the flowing river.

They waited for such a long time, but even after time passed, the three did not return.

***

When Kayden came to his senses, Enoch was grabbing him by the collar and pulling him out of the water.

"Ugh!"

He let out a rough breath and spat out water, and Enoch pulled him completely out of the river before finally letting him go.