Chapter 122

"Margaret......" Enoch muttered as he rubbed his face, then added, "Maybe Margaret has returned to the cave we were in." There was a mixture of despair and hope in his low voice.

However, at the idea that Margaret might return, Kayden and Ruzef were a little skeptical. Margaret's last expression they remembered was full of betrayal.

"Well, I think it wouldn't be such a bad idea to go to the cave again. How about we start moving now?" asked Ruzef.

Enoch nodded while Kayden just stared down blankly.

Again, an uncomfortable silence fell between them.

After a few moments, Enoch cursed as he threw a piece of cloth he was holding.

It was a piece of Margaret's dress believed to have been in her crossbody bag, so they followed this trail all the way here from the cave.

"Damn it! Isn't this all because of that useless plan?"

Kayden jumped to his feet at Enoch swearing like he had lost his mind.

"Are you blaming me now? Have you forgotten you also agreed to it, Your Highness?"

At Kayden's words, Enoch annoyedly unbuttoned the sleeves of his shirt and folded them up. Then, he swung his fist and glared at Kayden as if he wanted to fight.

"Do I look like I'm blaming you? Like you said, Lord, I also agreed to the plan, and I don't mean to blame anyone, but why do you look like your conscience is stabbed?"

Enoch gritted his teeth, suppressing the seething emotions from within. He looked very impatient and anxious, unlike his usual self.

"Fxck, what did you say just now......!"

They both grabbed each other's collars and started fighting. The punches came and went before they eventually rolled onto the ground, still fighting.

Ruzef frowned as if he were looking at uncivilized beasts and stepped away.

Then Diego stepped in. He approached Enoch and Kayden at a single step, separated them from each other, and then nodded to Ruzef.

He said, "Help me, Archbishop."

As if brought to his senses by Diego's words, Enoch stopped trying to swing his fist and sighed in annoyance.

The problem was Kayden. Ruzef took notice and caught Kayden who was running amok.

Blood flowed from the head past his red, bloodshot eyes. Kayden with a scary face continued to struggle and was eventually tied to a tree.

"Let go of me!!"

Enoch, who roughly wiped the blood off his face with the back of his hand while adjusting his clothes, looked at Kayden with a tired face.

"Are you okay, Your Highness?" asked Diego worriedly. To be precise, he was worried that Enoch would go out of control at the sight of blood.

Enoch sighed with a tired face and replied, "I am. My condition is now under control." At his words, both Diego and Ruzef looked surprised. They seemed to be wondering how he could possibly control it, but Enoch didn't bother to explain further.

Ruzef looked around and muttered, "We still haven't found Lady Floné."

Enoch scratched his head with an uneasy look. There was deep despair on his face. He opened his mouth to say something, but in the end, closed it again without saying a word.

He didn't know how far Margaret had misinterpreted their words, but how scared she must have been to be alone. How hard it must have been.

Just thinking about it made him sick as if he had a rock stuck in his chest. So stuffy that it's difficult to breathe.