Chapter 126

"Hey, Margaret. Anata's magic circle must have been activated. What are you seeing? I'll help you if you tell me."

His sister, Anata, created a magic circle in the underground of this bunker right before she betrayed him.

It was an untouchable magic circle. So he wondered how Margaret could activate it.

Her soul, the book written by Yuanna, and the magic circle. Is a combination of all three required?

'It could be Anata's plan to bring another soul through the dimensional door. I don't know what her plan is, but it's very interesting.'

With such a guess, he urged Margaret to answer again, but of course, she was still unconscious due to the severe poisoning.

Jenas bent down to hold her in his arms.

However, the silver snake, which had been hiding all that time and kept an eye on him, came out from Margaret's side as if it mustered up the courage.

-kwaaah!

Then it spewed fire at him.

The silver snake displayed sharp vigilance, not allowing anyone to lay hands on its master. Seeing it trying to protect its owner while shivering, it seemed the snake was forcing its courage.

Jenas stared at the snake in silence. It's an imprinted monster, so he can't borrow its body by controlling its mind like other monsters, but he can still threaten it.

As expected, when the snake saw his red eyes, it shuddered and hid itself again behind Margaret.

'Don't mess with me.'

Jenas smiled and picked Margaret up. Margaret's body was easily brought into his arms.

She's too light.

'Well, I bet she hasn't eaten anything.'

Jenas hummed as he climbed the stairs again, holding Margaret in his arms. The silver snake followed him timidly.

Margaret, who was being held by him, reached out and put her arms around his neck.

Jenas stopped on the spot without even him realizing it.

"Ha."

She then buried her cheek in his shoulder. Her hot breath penetrated the hem of his hood and brushed against his skin.

Jenas was taken aback, then sighed.

Instead of pushing away her arms around his neck, Jenas held her even tighter as if not wanting her to fall.

"No......"

She murmured and whined, exhaling hot gasps. Then she rubbed her cheek against the nape of his neck.

Jenas raised his eyebrows. He tilted his head and looked at Margaret's ruddy face.

He muttered in a low voice, "Margaret, this is a bit difficult."

But Margaret instead shook her head vigorously and hugged his neck tighter. She buried her face in his shoulder as she let out a groan of pain.

Her slender body trembled as if having a slight seizure.

"Don't go, please......"

Margaret groped desperately for his skin, still groaning in pain.

"You, do you know who I am?"

Margaret shook her head at his question. She didn't seem to be in the mood to figure it out. Is she even listening to his question properly?

Jenas looked at her with curious eyes.