Chapter 25

I was stunned. I thought that Enoch would take a step back. But he was only two feet closer.

Was he really this aggressive in the first place?

I struggled to come to my senses. To survive on this island, I must not be swayed by others.

Especially if it is an uncertain feeling that ends with just 'I care you'.

So I decided to be a little firm.

"You said you would never have a crush on me. You told me not to have vain expectations."

I gave back what he had said to me. Actually, I tend to remember the hurtful words.

Perhaps he was stabbed by my words, Enoch frowned with a troubled face.

Of course, the harsh words he said to me were a result of what Margaret had said to him in the past, so there was no need to blame Enoch for that.

Enoch said nothing more and bit his lip. I found it a bit sad to see him blaming himself, so I opened my mouth again.

"Enoch, I want to survive. I hope you can survive, too. I mean it."

It seems that those words were unexpected to Enoch. As if surprised, his large golden eyes shook violently.

"So, let's only think about survival for now. It is not too late to do other things later."

Hearing these words, Enoch slowly closed his eyes. As if he was suppressing his emotions.

***

I couldn't stand the awkward atmosphere with Enoch, so I left the cave and found Kayden sitting in front of the cave.

He sat idly on the fallen tree that we use as a chair, looking out at the dark bushes.

I sat down next to him.

I'm still reluctant, but that doesn't mean I'm rude enough to be ungrateful to someone running around looking for me.

"I'm sorry for worrying you. I heard you went looking for me."

Kayden turned to me.

"It's all right because you are safe now."

He looked at me with a face that was hard to tell what he was thinking.

"A strange magic circle has appeared in the sky, the sun went down and you have not returned...... The crown prince went crazy looking for you as if he had some sort of separation anxiety."

Ah, it seems that the reason the cave was a mess was because of Enoch.

Separation anxiety......? What do you mean?

As I pondered, I looked back at Kayden.

"Are you okay?"

Without answering my question, Kayden rested his chin on his fist and stared at my face. I was a little perplexed at his deep gaze.

"Why?"

"I heard everything you said inside."

"......oh, really?"

'Did you hear all those embarrassing conversations?'

My face is burning. I tried to avoid his gaze but Kayden gently grabbed the tip of my chin with his fingertips and lifted it up.

Thanks to this, I met his eyes again.

"But you know what? What should I do? I'm also interested in you."