Chapter 62

***

After taking off his wizard's robe and hanging it on a branch to dry, Kayden checked Margaret's condition, who was fainting.

He thought it was dangerous to light a bonfire at night, but if he didn't do anything, her body temperature would drop and she might die.

"The bag......"

Then he noticed that the bag Margaret was carrying had disappeared. Maybe when she was bounced off by the spider's leg, the string broke.

Margaret carried her things in the bag as if it were her own life. How desperate she would be if she found out she lost her bag.

"......first of all, you have to live."

Kayden knelt in front of Margaret and checked her pulse. His hands trembled as he touched her neck to check her pulse.

He didn't know if it was because of his nervousness, or the shock of falling off the cliff, or because he was worried that Margaret still hadn't opened her eyes.

Fortunately, her pulse was beating normally.

"Sigh."

A feeling of relief flooded him like a tide.

The feeling he had when Margaret fell off the cliff was something that Kayden thought he would never forget.

"Damn it, Margaret. Please open your eyes."

Kayden muttered as he rubbed his tired face with his hand.

He begged earnestly, but still, her eyes didn't open.

He slowly lowered his head and rested his forehead on Margaret's shoulder. Hot emotions rushed up to his throat.

Margaret struggled to survive, but in fact, she sacrificed herself for others without hesitation when she herself faced danger.

She could have saved her life with him as a shield, but she didn't.

Kayden was watching Margaret closely.

Her personality, way of speaking, and skill in coping with crisis situations are difficult to put into words that she has changed.

She recognized and read languages he had never even seen before and was familiar with strange magic tools.

When he was with her, the monsters try to attack her first. And for some reason, the mysterious monster egg only responded favorably to her.

She's special.

She also knew about the secrets of his earrings, which he had never told anyone.

Did she say she knew who made the earrings? He doubted it, but there was no way to check the authenticity immediately.

She seemed to have thought he wouldn't know why she kept making him work physically over and over again.

The strangest of all was Kayden himself.

He watched her closely, and at some point, he was completely obsessed with her.

It was for that reason that he showed a dual personality; he was suspicious of her but did not hide his affection for her.

There was always Margaret at the end of his gaze. The reason was not simply because of his distrust of her. He only realized it now.

"It's my fault. I......"

Unable to speak, he suppressed his emotions.

If he didn't take her to the cliff, or if he didn't doubt her in the first place, she wouldn't be in danger.