Chapter 116

The huge anaconda leaning over the cave noticed my movements and was about to turn its head this way.

-kwaah!

Eunji from afar lit up the surroundings with a huge flame. The anaconda turned towards it.

Watching Enoch and Diego struggling with other anacondas in the distance, I climbed onto the enormous body of the anaconda in front of me.

It was hard enough to climb up because of the slippery scales, but since it didn't move much I was able to reach the top of its head safely.

I sat down on one knee on the anaconda's head, looked at Enoch, and shouted, "Enoch!! Move away!!"

Enoch, who was frantically thrusting his sword into the anaconda's head, turned to me. He quickly withdrew his sword and climbed down the anaconda.

I aimed the flare gun at its torso, avoiding Diego's head, and pulled the trigger.

-puah! boom!

Anaconda's torso was shattered after being hit directly by the burning bullet. It screamed and twisted its body in pain, ripping Diego's clothes caught in its teeth and causing him to fall.

Before I could check whether Diego was still alive or dead, the anaconda I climbed moved.

If Jenas is watching us through the eyes of these anacondas—

If he really is the creator of this island—

I have to show him.

Whatever he wants, it won't work out the way he wants it to.

"Shit, I don't intend to die in vain like this."

I quickly climbed the head of the anaconda and descended forward to its mouth. And the moment it opened its mouth, I put my foot on its lower teeth, grabbed its upper teeth, aimed the flare gun into its mouth, and pulled the trigger.

-puah!

-boom!

Along with a roar of pain, I was blown away by the recoil.

Its head exploded and a purple gas with a musty smell spread out, and I had no choice but to inhale it.

However, I didn't have the mind to argue about it as I fell to the ground.

Someone managed to catch me as I closed my eyes tightly, readying myself to hit the hard ground. It was Enoch and Kayden.

Two men opened their arms to catch me and looked at me in panic. My back hurts a little, but I'm still alive.

It was not yet known what happened to Diego, but everyone else seems to be safe.

'Fortunately.'

Of course, they are the lucky ones, not me.

Purple smoke with a musty smell seemed to float around me. My head is dizzy and my stomach feels sick.

In the end, I passed out in Enoch and Kayden's arms.

***

When I woke up, it was noon with the sun scorching.

I was lying on the soft leaves, the hem of Kayden's robe wrapped gently over my shoulders. It seems that I ended up collapsing from the accumulated fatigue. I couldn't get up because my body was as heavy as cotton soaked in water.

'My head hurts so bad.'

I feel dizzy from a throbbing headache. My mind is also hazy.

There is a stinky smell coming from somewhere.