Chapter 46

"If it had been me, I wouldn't be here. Why did I have to go through such a hard time to overcome this crisis on the verge of death?"

"You overcame the death crisis, you say? Are you not exaggerating? I really went through life and death. You don't seem to be suffering too much," Arthdal replied, not believing what I said.

I am at a loss for words. How could he tell if someone was suffering or not?

Besides, I couldn't hide my astonishment at his mind that concluded that whatever it was, it wouldn't be as much as the hardship he had suffered.

"Exaggerating, you say? Do you know how many times she had to go through hardships?"

Kayden's low voice could be heard next to me.

For a while, I had only seen his smiling face, but he had eyes filled with madness after a long time.

He, too, seemed to be quite angry with Arthdal's remarks because he overcame the crisis of life and death with me.

As if in disbelief, Arthdal frowned and looked at Kayden.

"Seriously. Did you just say that to me? I think you're being too sensitive, Lord. Also, did I say something wrong?"

"Sensitive? Did you say sensitive? I think you've lived a comfortable life so far. Do you want me to help you overcome the crisis of death?"

Kayden got up from his seat and grabbed Arthdal's collar.

It became a mess in an instant. Thanks to that, I forgot the time to get angry with Arthdal ​​and was busy hugging Kayden and stopping him.

Of course, that was also quickly over, thanks to Enoch grabbing Kayden's back and pushing him aside.

Kayden was sitting on the ground, sweeping his hair roughly, and glaring at Arthdal ​​as if to kill him.

Arthdal ​​muttered angrily as he unfolded the collar that was grabbed by Kayden.

"You seem to be out of your mind, Lord. Don't you know who I am?"

"Status is useless when survival is at stake."

Talking about status, authority, and manners to Kayden now was to no avail. I understood him.

In situations where survival is threatened, it is often unavoidable to break social rules. As you continue to go through such an environment, it becomes meaningless to discuss social status and class.

Ruzef, who was quietly watching the situation, moderately intervened and took our side.

"I also overcame the crisis of death with them. You should have seen it too. Those anacondas are really......"

Ruzef recalled with a white face and hit the ground again.

"That's right. If it wasn't for Margaret, we wouldn't all be safe."

Enoch added with a bit of exaggeration to praise me.

"Well, we almost died, too. I was attacked by monsters in the form of spiders."

This time, Yuanna, who was sitting quietly with Diego and watching the situation, defended Arthdal. Arthdal crossed his arms and raised his chin arrogantly toward us.

Then, Yuanna glanced at him, put down the coconut bowl she was holding, and opened her mouth again.

She said, "Anyway, everyone can only guess based on the circumstances and cannot narrow down the culprit. At this rate, it's impossible to know if there really is a culprit or what kind of incident we all got involved in."