Chapter 68

"Eunji? It sounds weird."

Kayden said so, but Eunji seemed to like the name. I saw him happily rubbing his body against my legs.

However, the feeling of cold scales on my legs was still very unfamiliar.

"Aww!"

Surprised, I reflexively raised my leg, which caused Eunji to be thrown to the ground.

I was surprised and lifted Eunji with both hands, even though I had to touch his scales.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I was just surprised."

The kid, who was lying on the palm of my hand seemed to have fainted.

There were no injuries at all, but he was pretending to be sick.

"......why are you pretending to faint? You scared me!"

But even after hearing the nagging, the kid lay down again on my palm with a bright face.

"It's so strange."

Kayden, who was watching us quietly, rubbed his chin and asked, "Do you understand what this snake is trying to say? I have no idea what he's doing, but you seem to know."

I only realized it after hearing that. That I feel Eunji's emotions.

Just by looking at the snake's expressionless face, how could you tell what it was thinking?

But now I can guess his feelings to some extent.

"I guess this monster is really imprinted on you."

Despite Kayden's words, Eunji was resting peacefully on the palm of my hand.

"Is that so......?"

In fact, in this situation, there was no possible answer other than Kayden's assumption.

Since Eunji is a monster imprinted on me, if he recognizes me as his owner, it means he won't hurt me.

That's good. I'm a little curious what Enoch will say when he sees him.

"Okay, let's go."

I put Eunji in my dress pocket. Then he poked his head out.

After patting my pocket, I headed to the hut with Kayden.

I'm sure everyone is worried, so I have to hurry.

But, unfortunately, the problem lies elsewhere. The hut had become a mess while we were away.

15. Butterfly Effect

I returned to the hut with Kayden, but there was no one.

It was dark around because the sun was setting and shadows were cast in the sky.

"Where did everyone go?"

Kayden pulled out his dagger and held it in his hand, moving slowly.

We looked inside the hut, but there was no one there.

It seemed they weren't planning on leaving. Because in the hut, each of them's luggage was scattered around. It was as if everyone had left for urgent business.

And it was then.

koo-ooh–!!

A great roar echoed through the forest. Kayden and I looked at each other in the face, looked around, and hurriedly left the hut.

bang!

Another roar sounded, and in the distance, I could see the bushes swaying and trees falling.

After that, the birds flew in the sky.