Chapter 102

I wanted to take my flare gun out of my bag, but it was hard for me to move because the monster wrapped around my waist was pressing down on my bag as well.

Jenas suddenly spoke as I struggled for a long time to reach my bag.

"Oh, Meg. Do you want me to tell you how to survive on this island? There is something in the eastern part of the North Island that's like the mother of the monster. If you get rid of that, the monsters will probably stop evolving."

What I'm curious about is not how to defeat monsters, but how to escape. But even if I asked him, he wouldn't give me the answer, so I asked something else.

"What is the mother of the monster?"

"Go there yourself."

As expected, until the end, he gave an answer that still raised many questions.

"Why are you telling me that?"

Jenas rested his chin on the window sill and pointed to the monster wrapping me.

"I want you to survive for a long time, Meg. Maybe it's some kind of gamble? Let's call it fun. Try your best here, on Alea island."

Some kind of gamble? Let's call it fun? Try your best?

What does he find funny? That damn punk......!

"Ouch!"

As I twisted my body, the monster shook me lightly, as if telling me not to move. I haven't eaten yet, but I feel dizzy and want to throw up.

At that moment, I noticed something moving at the end of the window on the third floor of the cabin, not at the window on the left where Jenas is, but in the farthest room on the right.

'That's....... the location is strange. Is that the room with the sign saying Break Room?'

While I was distracted by the shadow on the window for a moment, I suddenly heard a huge roar in the forest.

-koong!

Jenas widened his eyes and pulled himself out of the window. He sighed softly. "An uninvited guest has come."

I followed his gaze toward the forest. I don't know where the roar came from. For now, it looks peaceful outside the cabin.

Jenas turned to me. "Meg, I was going to just watch, but I can't."

At that moment, Jenas looks like an adult man well over 20, not a 12-year-old boy.

"See you again."

He waved his hand at me and snapped his fingers.

"......huh?"

Suddenly, the cabin and Jenas, along with the monster wrapped around my waist, disappeared from sight. I fell helplessly to the floor. Even so, there was no pain when hitting the floor.

When I came to my senses, I was lying on the ground. I blinked in wonder and sat up slowly.

All around shrouded in fog. To the point where you can't even see an inch ahead. What the hell is this?

There is no direct evidence, but I am now almost certain.

Maybe Jenas is the experimenter or the culprit who kidnapped us.

20. Reunion

I've been in the fog for quite some time. No, I don't even know how much time has passed.

What is the purpose of Jenas anyway? Whether he is an experimenter or not, there must be a purpose or reason for staying on this island for so long.

'Why did he do that to me?'