Chapter 65

It felt like the hairs all over my body were standing up.

When I saw it last time, it was as big as a fist, but this time it seems to have grown bigger.

"What's this, Margaret? Isn't this like the one we saw on the cliff?"

Kayden frowned and crouched down to look at the egg.

"I...... I think it has grown."

"Huh?"

"And it keeps following me."

"This is......?"

Kayden looked at me and the egg in turn with a look of disbelief.

"Well, it's strange that something you left in the forest was found on a cliff."

"But what if this really is a monster egg?"

Hearing my words, Kayden stared at the silver egg with a thoughtful expression on his face.

"It's a strange egg, so it's better to get rid of it."

As Kayden reached out to touch the egg, I hurriedly grabbed his wrist. He looked at me with a puzzled face.

"I'll do it. What if you get hurt?"

Kayden immediately withdrew his hand. Once again, black smoke came out of the egg. Kayden stared at the egg in surprise.

"Be careful, Margaret."

I nodded and carefully picked up the egg.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just that the egg is a little warm."

I looked at the egg again. Why does it keep getting bigger? How big will it grow?

"I think this is indeed a monster egg. It's strange that an egg that was originally the size of a finger could grow this big."

Kayden nodded at my words.

"Let's just throw it away."

I nodded and followed him, laying the egg down in the forest far from my bed.

And we quietly went back and slept under the tree roots.

I went inside and Kayden was lying on the side of the entrance, but the inside was cramped, so I had no choice but to lie close to him.

It was uncomfortable and I kept rolling around.

A thick arm wrapped around my waist. I felt a firm, warm embrace on my back.

Astonished, I looked up stiffly, and I met Kayden's red eyes.

"You look uncomfortable. I think this will be better. It's cramped," he said dryly as if not interested.

I just blinked while in his arms. Kayden didn't seem really interested in doing anything, so it would be weird if I pushed him away.

In fact, it was easier to fall asleep when I was hugged in the cramped room under the roots of this tree.

In the end, I closed my eyes in his arms without any objection.

Suddenly, Kayden broke the silence by asking, "Margaret, don't you think it'd be okay for us to just stay together like this?"

He asked me in a low voice, as if in a whisper.

I rested my face on his chest, then raised my head carefully.

I met Kayden's red eyes again. He looked down at me and asked in a hoarse voice.

"Would you like to leave just with me?"